Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2011 Charger mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Fire Stick
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Charger mufflers

My 2011 Charger RT is too quiet. What are good mufflers that make a deep sound but I don't want something that has a resonance inside?

Old 06-19-2012, 07:31 PM
TE TOQUE
Amateur

Originally Posted by Fire Stick
My 2011 Charger RT is too quiet. What are good mufflers that make a deep sound but I don't want something that has a resonance inside?
I have the magnaflo set up with x-pipe and connected to mids and 6.1 headers (same if not better than shorties). I also deleted the suitcases, only issue that bothers some people is the drone noise when the MDS kicks in and runs 4 cylinders. I dont have MDS at all so no drone for me =)

Old 06-20-2012, 01:27 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We've installed few Magnaflow Catback exhaust. I thought it atually sounds worse than OEM exhaust when MDS kick in. It has a weird droning noise as TR Toque described.
I think Dodge did a too good of a job quieting down the Hemi at Idle or Cruise, aftermarket exhuast we've installed just doesn't sound like a Muscle car it used to be. We just installed a Magnaflow on a 6.4L Grand Cherokee, That thing is almost like a straight pipe after the CAT. And it was a waste of money...

Last edited by steak59; 06-20-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:11 AM
TE TOQUE
Amateur

Personally I love how my magnaflo sounds even before I had the Stroker. It sounded very mean when you stepped on it and had a nice quiet rumble at idle. Drone is a known thing among ANY aftermarket system if you search. It never bothered me because the way I drove I hardly had MDS kick in unless on highway. Besides my liking it I also recieved compliments on sound. I heard many clips on YouTube before I made a decision.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Fire Stick

Thanks for the replies. I've just been convinced that I'm sticking with my stock exhaust. I had a 2007 Charger RT before my 2011 and had the resonaters removed. Loved the sound until I was on the road and at about 1900 rpm's the drone was annoying.

Old 07-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Slow Eddie

I had my stockers replaced with Flowmaster Super 44's and left my stock resonators in. Inside you can barely hear a difference, outside is a little louder. I'm debating on removing the resonators, but I also don't want any drone.

Eddie

Old 07-08-2012, 04:47 PM
Fire Stick

Slow Eddie if u don't want any drone you'll definitely have it removing the resonators. I had mine removed on my 07 Hemi with stock mufflers and at about 1900 rpm it was pretty loud inside. City driving u couldn't hardly hear any and it had a good deep tone. With your flowmasters though could be different.

Old 07-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Slow Eddie

I had the resonators removed today. Man those things are like icebergs, you only see about 10 percent of tose things looking underneath the rear. I probably shaved about 100 pounds in weight.

There is definitely more resonance inside the cab, mostly around 2000 rpm, but no drone at highway cruising speed. Also in the short time I drove it around today, I found that if I drove it a certain way, I could eliminate the resonance. Unfortunately that involved keeping myself from burying my foot on the accellerator.

Eddie

Quick Reply: 2011 Charger mufflers