Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

a/c blend door how to access

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 05:56 PM
scotter5
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a/c blend door how to access

07 charger sxt

air is cold coming out of driver side vent. only warm coming out of passenger vent. i don't have dual a/c system or digital readout.

if a blend door problem, can you tell me how to get access to the door so that i can jam it to stay open with something. i can't pay to have the whole dash removed. how can i get access or can i put my hands on the shaft that turns the door open and closed. i saw a couple of white tabs on passenger side by glove compartment that appears to hide maybe the end of a hinge. maybe take the caps off???

Old 08-02-2012, 11:17 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by scotter5
07 charger sxt

air is cold coming out of driver side vent. only warm coming out of passenger vent. i don't have dual a/c system or digital readout.

if a blend door problem, can you tell me how to get access to the door so that i can jam it to stay open with something. i can't pay to have the whole dash removed. how can i get access or can i put my hands on the shaft that turns the door open and closed. i saw a couple of white tabs on passenger side by glove compartment that appears to hide maybe the end of a hinge. maybe take the caps off???
Scotter,

Don't know if blend air door problem or not but here is the blend air door info you asked about.

Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.

Remove the instrument panel silencer from the driver side of the instrument panel .

Remove the three screws (1) that secure the blend door actuator (2) to the driver side of the HVAC air distribution housing (3).

Remove the blend door actuator from the air distribution housing and disconnect the HVAC wire harness connector (4) and remove the actuator from the vehicle.

Last edited by DodgeCares; 08-15-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:00 PM
scotter5
Veteran

Thank you for the response. It believe the actuator is functioning. i found it the other day.

I was trying to find out how to get access to the blend door so see if the axle that moves the blend door is broken. I wanted to grab hold of the blend door. i know it is the housing unit and to see it i would have to remove the dash. I was hoping to get access to the end of the axle of the blend door in order to turn it manually.

Can you give me some assistance?

Old 08-02-2012, 02:24 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

Thank you for the response. It believe the actuator is functioning. i found it the other day.

I was trying to find out how to get access to the blend door so see if the axle that moves the blend door is broken. I wanted to grab hold of the blend door. i know it is the housing unit and to see it i would have to remove the dash. I was hoping to get access to the end of the axle of the blend door in order to turn it manually.

Can you give me some assistance?
My thinking was that if you removed the actuator and tried to turn the mechanism that controls the door you would be able to tell if it was broke or stuck without having to remove anything else. As far as how to jam the door the way you want it, if it is broke, that I could not help you with.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:12 PM
scotter5
Veteran

Ok, now i have your thoughts. my uptake was a little slow.

I have a grand caravan that allows me to caliberate the a/c blend doors through a sequence of rear washer button etc.

is there anyway that calibration can be done with the dodge charger in a similar fashion?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:19 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

With the blower control **** in the off position start the vehicle. Depress the defrost button and hold while then turning the blower control **** to high. The defrost led should flash during the blend door actuation calibration process. The entire process takes approximately 90 seconds.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:52 PM
scotter5
Veteran

THANK YOU so much for your response to my question. Again thanks.

Old 08-02-2012, 04:00 PM
DodgeCares
Champion

THANK YOU so much for your response to my question. Again thanks.
YW. Hope you get to the bottom of the problem.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:45 AM
afoster2625

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
With the blower control **** in the off position start the vehicle. Depress the defrost button and hold while then turning the blower control **** to high. The defrost led should flash during the blend door actuation calibration process. The entire process takes approximately 90 seconds.
Whooaa!! This instruction just made my day! I was driving this korning in my 08 charger when it was getting aa little toasty so I went to change it to a cooler temp whe I discovered on hot air would come out no matter what I did. The outside temp was 47 but not even the outside air would come in cool. I pulled into my destination looked up the forum mainly to see what it was gonna cost me. Then after following these imstructions the car recalibrated and fixed itself. Awsome!!! Thanks so much.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:51 AM
jbialas83

Originally Posted by DodgeCares
Is this the same with an 08 Dodge avenger SXT 2.7L? I couldn't get the actuator to calibrate with the steps mentioned and i am having an issue with not enough heat coming out of the vents. Driver side is warm and passenger side is luke warm/cold sometimes.

Quick Reply: a/c blend door how to access