Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2008 Dodge Charger won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 09:01 AM
rlemings
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read many, many postings, but none describe the problem I have with my 08 Charger. Mine usually starts normally, but sometimes indicates that a "wrong key" (according to the manual) has been inserted and won't start. I have 4 fobiks, the two originals plus two new, and none work when the security light stays on. Repeatedly turning the ignition off and on will eventually result in starting, and it may not do it again for several days. Battery is new, wiring is good.

Anybody have any ideas?

Last edited by rlemings; 09-29-2014 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Incomplete first post
Old 09-29-2014, 10:35 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rlemings
I've read many, many postings, but none describe the problem I have with my 08 Charger. Mine usually starts normally, but sometimes indicates that a "wrong key" (according to the manual) has been inserted and won't start. I have 4 fobiks, the two originals plus two new, and none work when the security light stays on. Repeatedly turning the ignition off and on will eventually result in starting, and it may not do it again for several days. Battery is new, wiring is good.

Anybody have any ideas?
rlemings,

I'm sorry to learn of your starting concerns. Have you been able to pinpoint which key is potentially bad? Or has the no-start been experienced with all keys?

Old 09-30-2014, 07:22 AM
rlemings

No start is experienced with all keys. If condition is dormant, all keys work. Indication by the security light is that "wrong key was used to start the vehicle", which is not the case. I use the same key all the time, so it would have been the "last key" used, plus the car never starts and shuts down as it would if a wrong key were used.

Old 09-30-2014, 10:37 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rlemings
No start is experienced with all keys. If condition is dormant, all keys work. Indication by the security light is that "wrong key was used to start the vehicle", which is not the case. I use the same key all the time, so it would have been the "last key" used, plus the car never starts and shuts down as it would if a wrong key were used.
rlemings,

A diagnosis would be beneficial in order to determine the root cause. If a fault code is set when the no-start occurs, your dealer will be able to pinpoint what is responsible for the intermittent concern.

Old 12-09-2014, 01:54 PM
keith8441
Default new to this online thing

Originally Posted by dvldawg513
recently my charger quit starting. The battery is good, lights and everything work fine. Remote unlocks doors and opens trunk fine. However, when i put the key (not an actual key, just a little electronic box) into the ignition and turn it nothing happens. That starter doesn't try to turn over, can't take the car out of park. Does anyone know what could be wrong?
yes its the starter relay and its only a 20 dollar part at the dealership...its located under the hood in the fuse box

Old 12-28-2014, 11:01 PM
Rattle

It seems that I have to end up paying to get the car to the dealership...

Quick Reply: 2008 Dodge Charger won't start