Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Help Leaky sunroof!! How to fix?

Old 12-26-2012, 07:08 PM
Mousebaby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Leaky sunroof!! How to fix?

Just discovered my sunroof is leaking and running down and out of one of the back seat belts. Is there an easy way to fix this? My hubby is not mechanically inclined and this is the worst time of year for this to happen.

Not to mention its monsoon season out here (LOL) and it's flooding my baby!!!

Old 12-27-2012, 10:00 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Does the Glass sit flush with the roof when you look at it on the outside?

Old 12-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Mousebaby

Originally Posted by steak59
Does the Glass sit flush with the roof when you look at it on the outside?
Yes it does, but when I am driving down the road I can hear air coming from it. I knew there was something wrong and mentioned it to my husband and then the rain hit and OMG! My liner is going to be ruined because it is the off white. This is a major disaster! Oh and thanks for responding!

Old 12-28-2012, 10:51 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You really should not hear wind noise if it is seat flush.

First, try to reset the Moonroof module and relearn the position, see if it helps with the wind noise.
Procedure:
Locate Fuse #44 in the trunk.
Have your Husband pull the fuse out WHILE you are inside operating the moonroof.
Pull the fuse while the glass is moving, the Glass should stop in the middle.
Put the fuse back in, and hold the VENT button until glass is in full VENT position, and hold it for 5 more second. Now try to close and open the moonroof.

If that doesn't work, Check the Drain hole, see if it is clog with leaves and dirts. here is a picture of where to look.

Pour some water directly in it, see if it drains out.

If Drain check out ok, you might have to adjust the Glass by loosing all 6 bolts behind the accordion piece, push it up/down and tighten the bolts. double check by spraying water on top of the Moonroof, and have someone inside stick his/her head up with a flash light and see how bad is it leaking. Dripping drops is fine, but pouring is not.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:03 AM
Mousebaby

First, try to reset the Moonroof module and relearn the position, see if it helps with the wind noise.
Procedure:
Have your Husband pull the fuse out WHILE you are inside operating the moonroof.
Put the fuse back in, and hold the VENT button until glass is in full VENT position, and hold it for 5 more second. Now try to close and open the moonroof.

If that doesn't work, Check the Drain hole, see if it is clog with leaves and dirts. here is a picture of where to look.

If Drain check out ok, you might have to adjust the Glass by loosing all 6 bolts behind the accordion piece, push it up/down and tighten the bolts. double check by spraying water on top of the Moonroof, and have someone inside stick his/her head up with a flash light and see how bad is it leaking. Dripping drops is fine, but pouring is not.

Okay, got it! Will check it out,it happens to be raining as we speak. I really appreciate your help!

Old 12-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Mousebaby

Originally Posted by Mousebaby
Okay, got it! Will check it out,it happens to be raining as we speak. I really appreciate your help!

YAAAY!!! It worked! Thanks so much for your help! I was freaking out about how I was going to pay for that repair, and all it needed was a reset. I can never thank you enough!

Old 10-04-2015, 12:19 PM
MrStubs

Steak59, thanks for the post. Wanted you to know people are still benefiting from it! Just fixed the sunroof in my Megacab with your help. Roof was lost and not knowing where/when to stop.

I'd been manually bumping it into place for a year and finally decided to dig it. Did it by myself, used my adjustable snow brush to hold the button for me after turning the ignition on. Pulled the fuse myself, then put it back in and held the button for 5 secs.

Works like a champ!!!

Old 12-16-2015, 03:40 PM
Celldoc
Default Worked like a champ!

This post was a wonderful find, worked like a champ!!

Old 03-22-2019, 04:45 PM
MaxSp
Default 2007 Charger SRT8 sunroof leak

Procedure:

Hi, I also have a sunroof leak. First it started to come through the headliner in the rear, right by the lights left and right close to the windows. I replaced the sunroof seal, which is now way more snuck than before. Today it rained and now it is leaking in the front right corner by the sunroof out of the headliner. I blew out the drain tubes with pressured air as well....it’s depressing and no idea anymore. I haven’t done any sort of reset but I also don’t see how this can be the problem, since any water that comes through the seal is suppose to drain through the tubes???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help Leaky sunroof!! How to fix?