Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2008 Dodge Charger wont Turn over

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 03:20 PM
jway
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Dodge Charger wont Turn over

Recently my Charger quit starting. The battery is good, lights and everything work fine. Remote unlocks doors and opens trunk fine. However, when i put the key (not an actual key, just a little electronic box) into the ignition and turn it nothing happens. That starter doesn't try to turn over, can't take the car out of park. (Door ajar light comes on brake lights work no power to the windows YES I checked the battery its good No red warning light) Does anyone know what could be wrong?
I google this and it seems to be a common problem just no one seems to ever post the solution when they fix it.
PLEASE HELP
Thanks all

Jway

Old 02-06-2013, 03:38 PM
dodgedvl
Thumbs up

my friend just recently had the problem you are having, The issue for him was the chip in the key you have, he used his spare key and it started right up. if you have an extra one try that one, if not,, dealer might reset the chip in it for you,,, good luck

Old 02-06-2013, 03:56 PM
jway
Default thanks

I have a spare key and I tried it but it didnt work....unless (my poor memory) I tried it after I disconnected the battery and if thats the case do I have to reset anything? Security system? Sigh......

Old 02-06-2013, 05:02 PM
jway

If any one know what it is please feel free to email me at wayjanna24@gmail.com

Thanks again

Old 02-07-2013, 08:06 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jway
Recently my Charger quit starting. The battery is good, lights and everything work fine. Remote unlocks doors and opens trunk fine. However, when i put the key (not an actual key, just a little electronic box) into the ignition and turn it nothing happens. That starter doesn't try to turn over, can't take the car out of park. (Door ajar light comes on brake lights work no power to the windows YES I checked the battery its good No red warning light) Does anyone know what could be wrong?
I google this and it seems to be a common problem just no one seems to ever post the solution when they fix it.
PLEASE HELP
Thanks all

Jway
Jway,

Most of the cases on file, with similar symptoms, involve replacing the WIN (wireless ignition node) module. Do you have remote start? If so does it start the vehicle?

Old 02-08-2013, 04:22 PM
jway

Thanks and yes the shop called me back today and for future reference to anyone that runs into the same problem.
It was the Key ignition receiver module (or something like that) and at a whopping $1100 to fix thats including the new keys and programming.
Thanks to all that has helped.

jway

Old 03-11-2013, 02:27 PM
Joyce Kanekuni-Parubrub
Angry

Mine started doing the exact same thing... after hearing this solution I wanna f**in cry.....

Old 12-09-2014, 02:11 PM
keith8441

I had the exact same problem its the starter relay it's only a $19 fix if you got charged $1100 you got burnt

Old 12-29-2014, 08:50 PM
Rattle

One of my buddies had the exact same problem... he just bought a new charger from blmall.com, but nothing changed. $1100,I'm thinking about weather I should tell him your erperience...

Last edited by Rattle; 01-12-2015 at 09:52 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 Dodge Charger wont Turn over