Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

best oil

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 10:59 AM
satori1999
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best oil

whats the best oil to use on a 2011 dodge charger 5.7 mopar edition

Old 07-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Shredding Rubber
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no best oil. There are proper oils depending on the application.
If you are under warranty and are stuck going with the warranty prescribed mileage then use whatever API SN grade is cheapest f running a 5000-6000 mile oil change interval.
Personally I like pennzoil however there is no point in using a synthetic if you can't extend the oil change interval. Synthetic oils are great for extreme cold and extending oil change intervals.
Contrary to popular and absurd myth they are not more slippery nor magic. Its oil. If you have to use a 20 grade my last hemi truck (04slt) ran conventional dealer bulk oil until I bought it at 240k. The truck ran flawlessly and could rip all 4 tires at will.
I used pennzoil platinum,m1 0w-20 for winter,then Quaker state defy. I won't recommend M1. The others were cheaper and the truck almost sounded like a diesel coming from the bottom end with Mobil.
So basically use what they tell ya til the warranty is up,then in you chose to extend the interval an api synthetic should be fine for 10000 miles,run a conventional 5000 miles and I promise you won't have any oil related issues for the life of the vehicle.
Redline is my favorite oil however its not cost effective. Don't run an oil thicker than required. It just increases parasitic loss and doesn't protect any better.
My last hemi ran 20 grades its entire life. Never consumed a drop of oil,ran like a top. In fact that truck is the only reason I'm even considering buying a Charger. Great engine.