Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 04:01 AM
Shredding Rubber
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy

Hello.
So I'm a mustanger but found a pretty good deal on an 06 charger so here I am.
I'm picking it up mid next week,so I thought I'd introduce myself,get to know the car,the problems and the forum.
I was going to buy a mustang but I've got 2 kids,and its tough fitting them in the back seat,so 4 doors makes more sense,and 390tq out of the gate is tough to beat.
So being from a car background what about tuning and tuners. Is there any point getting it tuned or is it a waste of money.
I'd be getting it remote tuned,or buying a tuner with it pre-programmed for my car.
Anyways what about fuel. Will it advance the timing for premium fuel. I had an 04 hemi truck. It had 280k before I totalled it. Great engine,pulled great.
What about a trailer hitch. I've got a camper so I'm wondering about if it will tow it.
And oil. My 04 was great with 5w-20. Is this the same. Don't even talk to me about Mobil 1. After Katrina and them bottling,and selling oil that didn't even meet sg specs I'll never waste a penny on them again. Besides I've got 15 jugs of pennzoil ultra I got cheap,so that will last near the life of the car.
Does it have air shocks. I'm wondering because of my trailer. Its under the 2000 pound towing capacity I'm just wondering if it will compensate for ride height.
Its an rt fully loaded. So anything you guys can fill me in on would be great.
Thank you,and thanks for having me.