Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

key fob not detected please help!!

Old 04-07-2014, 12:47 AM
fmmcantu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy key fob not detected please help!!

I bought a 2012 charger salvage, its crashed from the back but doesn't affect the engine or the battery at all, i tried to start it and it says key not detected what can i do please help me!

Old 04-07-2014, 06:22 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will have to take the key, the VIN number and the bill of sale to a dealer to have it programmed. Depending on you dealer, some will do it for free but most charge around $50 to program it. Now with it being a salvage title and not street legal yet, I don't know the rules on that. The key may have been deprogrammed on purpose when the car was totaled. Either, you will need a dealer or a locksmith with a programmer.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:19 PM
fmmcantu
Default thank you so much for you help!

Im pretty sure thats the problem thank you! Ill try solving that problem tomorrow!

Old 04-13-2014, 07:49 PM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, the Key Detector is by the rear speaker shelf, and there are few antenna around the car that detects the key. If those are damaged, it will not locate the key.

Try use the head of the key to push the button, see if it will start. If not, you'll have to have get it to the dealer.

You also need to know, Salvage title means No warranty, you'll have to pay for everything it needs.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:28 AM
fmmcantu
Talking

I actually solved the problem by pushing the start button with the key. I live in california and this is my second salvage car and i have been able to put full cover insurance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: key fob not detected please help!!