Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Cat Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 03:43 PM
Daytona1177
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat Problems!!!

Hey need some help, So I took my 2007 Charger in for a check engine light to the local dealer. After a few trips back and forth and a couple hundred bucks worth of sensors they claim its my Catalytic Converter and want to charge me 800$ for the part and then another 300 for labor. Is it just worth it for me to order a cat myself and do the install? Plus I have the Max Care Lifetime Warranty but the dealer said that the cat isn't covered. Any suggestions would be great!

Old 06-26-2014, 09:29 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Personally, I'd go to your local auto store and purchase a non-fouler plug, and with some minor modifications it will fool the rear O2 sensor, which is likely your culprit.

Google non or anti fouler plug O2 sensors. Every forum had a write on them, and I've seen many of them with LX models. It will only cost you a few bucks, and a couple hours tops.

Does your LX have the 5.7?

Old 06-27-2014, 07:56 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Should'nt emissions related equipment be covered for like 10 years/100,000 miles?

Old 06-27-2014, 08:27 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

8 years/80K miles on the converter.
I'm a bit perplexed that MAX Care doesn't cover that. I had heard there are tiers to Max Care now. I guess they were right.

Get a converter from Midas, Meineke or a good exhaust shop.

$800 is Chrysler's stupid price. All of their converters are that high....but they're all bolt on.

Old 07-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Daytona1177

Thanks guys. So this is an update. Took the car back to the dealership and they ran some more checks. They informed more that they were 95% sure my cat was bad. So I went ahead and told them to place the order and replace the part. Well I got that phone call telling me that the check engine light still came back on and popped the same code P013A 02 sensor after they replaced the cat. At this point they had already replaced both sensors as well. Now they are telling me its a problem with my exhaust. I have the SLP loudmouth II which I installed years ago. I was informed that its a issues with back pressure and they wont do anything to the car until I install the stock parts!! I personally think they have no clue what else it can be. I asked them to swap the mufflers to see the the problem follows the part but they told me that there is to much build up of rust and they couldn't swap the parts. Isn't there other test they can do to see if the mufflers are bad. I read somewhere that they should also preform a smoke check for leaks and do a computer re-flash. Any suggestion? I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place and the dealership has me by the *****. I'm out already a bunch of money and the problem still isn't fixed.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:22 PM
POWER SEDAN
Captain

Are you by chance running a tune, canned or custom?

Also, you should of recycled the old cat they removed to recuperate some of your financial loss. Those cats are worth a good chunk of change, considering the precious metals within the converter itself.

Last edited by POWER SEDAN; 07-02-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Cat Problems!!!