Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2014 Dodge Charger Shifting Issue.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 08:39 PM
applefreak29
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues persist...

Well folks, the charger was behaving after a relearn and its beginning to get worse and worse... I plan on visiting the dealership on Monday for a face to face discussion with the service department to attempt to get this issue resolved. The amount of times I have taken my vehicle to the dealership is becoming excessive...

Old 02-09-2015, 09:38 PM
ckolenda

I talked to the service manager and he talked the talk but still said the car is supposed to drive that way. He kept my car for 2 days and put on the receipt that he did nothing but the car drove totally different when I got it back. They are trying to cover their butts. Push hard for answers. Remember the new vette has a 8 speed transmission and if it drove this bad they could never sell a one. But they do and the price tag is much higher. Dodge needs to get their **** together and give us a quality product or replace it.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:11 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ckolenda
Remember the new vette has a 8 speed transmission and if it drove this bad they could never sell a one..

But you didn't buy a Vette....

Old 02-12-2015, 06:47 PM
ckolenda
Default Really????

No I bought the charger. American muscle. My dream car. It should NOT drive this way and you know it. For you to frustrate your customers and tell them the car is supposed to drive that way is ridiculous. 8 speeds do not drive this way and we should have a car that drives correctly and dodge should be able to do that. Don't make us look for another car company, step up and be the car company we deserve. Fix the car and stop blaming the drivers. We deserve better. We put our trust in you to build a better car and stand behind it. I did NOT APPRECIATE your last response.

Old 02-13-2015, 08:42 PM
applefreak29

Once again I have visited the dealership with a concern with the transmission shifting hard.

DODGE has released an update for the transmission configuration for the computer. The update was installed onto my cars computer and the shifting has become a lot better. I still have an issue from 1st to 2nd. Very minor however. We are giving it a few days to see if the Re-Learn will clean things up. If not they are going to be taking it back in for further diagnostic.

My recommendation at this time to those experiencing issues is to head back to the dealership and request the update that was put out in the latest service bulletin.

Hopefully this can solve your issue!

Old 05-30-2015, 01:38 AM
applefreak29

Another Update: New Transmission was installed in the car on warranty. Functioning like new again! Hopefully this one will last! Dodge was kind enough to throw in a service package for my vehicle due to how long I was experiencing the issue!

Old 07-04-2015, 10:16 AM
scatpackmopar
Veteran

My 2012 Charger had shifting issues and I am pretty sure it was caused by a wheel speed sensor that went bad, After the new software and the sensor was replaced I have not had any porblems.

Quick Reply: 2014 Dodge Charger Shifting Issue.