Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2014 Dodge Charger Shifting Issue.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 09:23 PM
applefreak29
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Dodge Charger Shifting Issue.

Hello all,

Just wanted to inform the community of an issue I have just recently had with my 2014 AWD SXT Charger in case anyone else experiences this issue. The transmission was shifting rough from 2nd to 3rd and sometimes 1st to 2nd @ 13,000 miles on the odometer.

I took it into the dealer this week and their response was there is a service bulletin for it to update the software on the flash. As of right now it fixed the issue.

Old 08-18-2014, 10:32 AM
EDUARDOTORRES23
Default Similar issue

Hey applefreak29,

Wanted to know if this issue was only with the newer models because I'm experiencing a similar issue. Instead, my 08 charger SE won't shift pass the 3rd gear. It'll just continue to idle and if i go past 70, it wont let me accelerate anymore. It will slow down and then let me accelerate again.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:58 PM
applefreak29

Update: Since taking it to the dealer and getting it back the problem is somewhat fixed. It shifts rough about 50% of the time now. It will be visiting the dealer again this month.

EDUARDOTORRES23, I assume that it will not be the same issue with your charge because I believe your transmission is the 5-speed. Also, a side note while I was doing some research for my charger I did see some people stating the issue had happened before with earlier chargers. Might be something to look into. Service bulletins or recalls! Wish I could be of more help pal.

Old 08-20-2014, 04:59 PM
EDUARDOTORRES23

applefreak29,

Thanks for the reply but I just got a call from my dealership and they stated that it was a bad crankshaft sensor. They also said that this could be just the start and hope nothing else is the problem, which I was waiting to hear from them. I do hope that it's just the sensor and nothing else.

Did they tell you what was the problem with yours?

Old 08-29-2014, 11:16 PM
applefreak29

UPDATE: I got it taken back into the dealership early this week and they kept it for about 7 hours. When I called them they said the issue was the Valve Body on the transmission. They stated it was safe to drive until the part comes in. The part is currently back-ordered. I'll provide feedback if it fixed the issue or not when the part comes in and is installed.

Old 09-24-2014, 04:01 AM
applefreak29
Default Update: Valve body installed

UPDATE: New valve body installed. Driving like new again! Now to fix the raccoon damage from this weekend.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:58 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by applefreak29
UPDATE: New valve body installed. Driving like new again! Now to fix the raccoon damage from this weekend.
Glad to hear issue is resolved.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:37 PM
ckolenda
Default charger shifting

My 2014 only has 5400 miles on it and has been in 3 times for transmission issues-rough shifting. From 1st to 2nd and then the next time from 2nd to 3rd. They did software updates, re-training and replaced the valve. Now they are trying to tell me the car is supposed to drive this way. The first 3 months it drove like a dream, now it shakes and jerks and races. I am extremely frustrated with both the car and the service department. Don't know what to do.

Old 11-04-2014, 10:57 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ckolenda
My 2014 only has 5400 miles on it and has been in 3 times for transmission issues-rough shifting. From 1st to 2nd and then the next time from 2nd to 3rd. They did software updates, re-training and replaced the valve. Now they are trying to tell me the car is supposed to drive this way. The first 3 months it drove like a dream, now it shakes and jerks and races. I am extremely frustrated with both the car and the service department. Don't know what to do.

Make a call to Chrysler then go visit another dealer.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:54 PM
Hackintoshihope

Originally Posted by ckolenda
This is exactly what they are telling me and I'm getting pissed. But im going to go back in and show them this forum post and hope for a software update and replacement parts. But at this point nothing has been done to the care yet because they say it's normal.

Quick Reply: 2014 Dodge Charger Shifting Issue.