Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Battery Saving Mode and Battery Light On

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 02:17 PM
bgee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Saving Mode and Battery Light On

Got a message stating the battery saving mode is now on (and won't go away).

Also, the battery sign stays on too.

My wife says she saw smoke coming from the car. I started it today and let it run for awhile and seen nothing or smelt anything.

After reading through somethings, people are saying it could possibly be the alternator which I hope not! Theres no recall on it…YET.

Anyone have any idea of what this might be?

Old 08-22-2014, 02:20 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Why have you not had someone check it out yet? You're going to get stranded, possibly somewhere you would not like to be stranded.

Last edited by TNtech; 08-22-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:29 AM
Chrislorl

This is all over the internet and there is a investigation started by the NHSTA, and is on file. Chrysler and the Dealerships still do not want to acknowledge the issue.
Here is a quick blurb on it.
DETROIT (AP) — The U.S. government's road safety agency is investigating complaints about engine stalling and alternator failures in Dodge Charger sedans.
The probe covers about 123,000 Chargers from the 2011 and 2012 model years.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says it has 14 complaints of alternator failure and stalling. All the cases happened while the cars were going 40 or more miles per hour.
In one case a car stopped in traffic with smoke coming from the alternator, which generates electricity to recharge the battery and run other devices. No injuries have been reported to the agency.
Chrysler says it's cooperating in the probe. Investigations can lead to recalls but there haven't been any so far.

Investigation #PE14022, 2013's are popping up with the issue, mine is one of them. Mine is intermittent and even though my battery has gone bad and I have codes showing issues my dealer prefers to tell me my radar detector is causing the issue.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:59 PM
smmou812

Originally Posted by Chrislorl
This is all over the internet and there is a investigation started by the NHSTA, and is on file. Chrysler and the Dealerships still do not want to acknowledge the issue.
Here is a quick blurb on it.
DETROIT (AP) — The U.S. government's road safety agency is investigating complaints about engine stalling and alternator failures in Dodge Charger sedans.
The probe covers about 123,000 Chargers from the 2011 and 2012 model years.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says it has 14 complaints of alternator failure and stalling. All the cases happened while the cars were going 40 or more miles per hour.
In one case a car stopped in traffic with smoke coming from the alternator, which generates electricity to recharge the battery and run other devices. No injuries have been reported to the agency.
Chrysler says it's cooperating in the probe. Investigations can lead to recalls but there haven't been any so far.

Investigation #PE14022, 2013's are popping up with the issue, mine is one of them. Mine is intermittent and even though my battery has gone bad and I have codes showing issues my dealer prefers to tell me my radar detector is causing the issue.
My'13 SE has also shows me this message frequently. On 2 occassions in the year I have had the car my radio wouldnt come on, also my rear defrost last time. In both cases I shut the car off and restarted it and all was well. After I first noticed the message I contacted my dealer and was told not to worry it just meant I wasnt driving the car much (I'm a low milleage driver). No stalls and my battery seems healthy enough, but it is very annoying.

Quick Reply: Battery Saving Mode and Battery Light On