Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

06 Charger SXT P0300

Old 09-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Bradc2009
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Charger SXT P0300

I just got my 06 Charger SXT with the 3.5 in it a few weeks ago. When I got it it had almost 150,000 miles on it and a CEL. I had my cousin run his big expensive Snap-On scanner on it and it said I had a P0300 It said exactly which cylinders, 1, 3, and 5. All of those are on the driver side of the motor, so is it safe to assume the o2 sensor on that side is bad and telling the motor it's too rich or too lean and dumping to taking away too much gas? It likes to idle real choppy and acts like it hesitates when I accelerate. It will only do it when it's at operating temperature. Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Bradc2009; 09-08-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:08 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradc2009
I just got my 06 Charger SXT with the 3.5 in it a few weeks ago. When I got it it had almost 150,000 miles on it and a CEL. I had my cousin run his big expensive Snap-On scanner on it and it said I had a P0300 It said exactly which cylinders, 1, 3, and 5. All of those are on the driver side of the motor, so is it safe to assume the o2 sensor on that side is bad and telling the motor it's too rich or too lean and dumping to taking away too much gas? It likes to idle real choppy and acts like it hesitates when I accelerate. It will only do it when it's at operating temperature. Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Per the Service Manual, P0300-mutiple cylinder misfire can have the following possible causes:
FUEL DELIVERY SYSTEM
IGNITION COIL, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
ECT SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
MAP SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
O2 SENSOR, WIRING, OR CONNECTORS
ENGINE MECHANICAL SYSTEM
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

Further diagnostics would be needed to pinpoint the issue. Hopefully this helps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 06 Charger SXT P0300