Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

07ChargerSE cooling system help please! Fan kicks on, temp gauge drops!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 01:29 PM
tmarchand86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07ChargerSE cooling system help please! Fan kicks on, temp gauge drops!

My 07 SE will randomly throw codes, 'general cooling performance' and 'thermostat regulating temperature'. The fan will kick on and I'll lose my temperature reading on the dash, just drops to no temp. I'll see a red lightning bolt dash light come on as well.

No other symptoms! If I turn the car off and start it back up, boom, problem is gone! The temp gauge will read normally(not overheating), the fan isn't stuck running and the red lightning bolt is gone!

NO leaks, NOT overheating, thermostat and thermostat housing have been replaced, temp sensor replaced. Also A/C isn't working now, that related maybe??
Any ideas??

Old 09-21-2014, 03:00 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

If your coolant temp sensor goes OPEN ckt, the PCM will default to running fans at all times. That same sensor is also the info for the gauge to use.

I would be looking at the sensor wiring for starters. The connector may even be corroded.

Quick Reply: 07ChargerSE cooling system help please! Fan kicks on, temp gauge drops!