Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Dragging/Shaking w 2008 Dodge Charger

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 02:12 PM
smorton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragging/Shaking w 2008 Dodge Charger

I have a 2008 Dodge Charger, almost 125k miles on it. I've noticed in the last month or so that when I accelerate, usually between 60-75mph, my car feels like it's dragging and shaking. My whole car vibrates and feels like it doesn't want to go. It stops once I get up to speed, typically. It also feels like it's occurring on the passenger side, rear.

I've also noticed it does this same thing sometimes when I'm backing up. Sounds like a bad grinding sound.

I had my tie rods replaced and an alignment done, my back brake pads have been replaced and I just bought a whole set of tires. I thought this would solve the problem, but it hasn't.

I also took it to Auto Zone to have them run diagnostics and it showed nothing.

Any ideas?

Last edited by smorton; 10-07-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:17 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by smorton
I have a 2008 Dodge Charger, almost 125k miles on it. I've noticed in the last month or so that when I accelerate, usually between 60-75mph, my car feels like it's dragging and shaking. My whole car vibrates and feels like it doesn't want to go. It stops once I get up to speed, typically. It also feels like it's occurring on the passenger side, rear.

I've also noticed it does this same thing sometimes when I'm backing up. Sounds like a bad grinding sound.

I had my tie rods replaced and an alignment done, my back brake pads have been replaced and I just bought a whole set of tires. I thought this would solve the problem, but it hasn't.

Any ideas?
Did you check your rear suspension or axle?

Old 10-16-2014, 01:50 PM
smorton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Follow up

Yes, I had it completely aligned and inspected. We believe it may be the carrier bearing for the driveshaft

Old 10-16-2014, 02:15 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by smorton

Diagnostics, eh? Ok.

Those rear differentials require attention like any other maintenance. The axle seal may have lost all your fluid.

Quick Reply: Dragging/Shaking w 2008 Dodge Charger