Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Front End Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 11:29 AM
dpxmusic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front End Noise

Hello everyone. New to the group.

I have a 2007 Charger RT with 90K miles. The front end has been clattering for months. I took it to the shop, and they replaced the one of the tie rod ends. That didn't fix it. Next I took it to the dealer and they replaced both tie rod ends. That didn't do it. I bitched about it, so they took it back and replaced the right front tension bar. No luck. I'm ready to strangle someone!! Any ideas here?? The noise happens most when driving rougher/gravel road, but not necessarily when hitting bumps or potholes.

Old 11-17-2014, 11:58 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Welcome to DF. Moving to the correct section.

Old 11-18-2014, 11:30 PM
crazymonk2012
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upper control arm

I just had an issue where my upper ball joint seperated on my Dodge Charger. Before that my Charger was doing the same thing. You have 3 sources of tension. Your strut, spring, and your upper control arm. The reason my upper ball joint failed was not just because of wear. Yet because the upper control arm lost tension.

Quick Reply: Front End Noise