Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

clicking/fluttering noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 04:40 PM
lyled22
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation clicking/fluttering noise

2012 Dodge Charger SE
I wanna say it's my a/c blend door, but I'm no mechanic. once a day or so when I unlock my door to get in I hear a loud clicking/fluttering noise coming from under the driver side dash. it continues for a couple minutes even while I'm driving then stops. it will also do it after I lock my car and the car is off completely. does anyone have an idea what this is? I read other forums and they talk about similar problems, but not this one specifically.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:58 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

It is hard to determine what is causing the noise. Have you reviewed the issue with your servicing dealer who can better answer and pinpoint the source of the noise?

Old 01-25-2015, 04:33 PM
Tanbam

I've spent a lot of time sitting in these cars, and there is always some "movement" going on inside the dash when everything is off. No idea what it is, but I assume it's the AC baffles moving around. I wouldn't call it "loud", but it's definitely audible.

It's happened in every one that I've been in, so there's nothing wrong with your car.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:21 PM
lyled22

Originally Posted by lyled22
2012 Dodge Charger SE
I wanna say it's my a/c blend door, but I'm no mechanic. once a day or so when I unlock my door to get in I hear a loud clicking/fluttering noise coming from under the driver side dash. it continues for a couple minutes even while I'm driving then stops. it will also do it after I lock my car and the car is off completely. does anyone have an idea what this is? I read other forums and they talk about similar problems, but not this one specifically.
took it to the dealer and it started again. they said it was the a/c actuator. $240 to fix for anyone with the same problem

Quick Reply: clicking/fluttering noise