Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2014 awd charger

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 09:24 AM
marfie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 awd charger

Has any one had any problems with the awd remaining engaged at 40 degrees and dry roads? I have checked mine, and the awd remains engaged until 41 degrees. Can this be adjusted on the computer to a lower temp?

Old 01-23-2015, 02:21 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by marfie
Has any one had any problems with the awd remaining engaged at 40 degrees and dry roads? I have checked mine, and the awd remains engaged until 41 degrees. Can this be adjusted on the computer to a lower temp?
marfie,

In order to maximize fuel economy, your AWD system will automatically default to rear-wheel drive when road an climate conditions are ideal and wheel slip is unlikely to occur.

When the conditions change and increased traction is required, AWD mode will be activated. Wheel slip, as well as temperature can activate this system. It can be manually selected as well by activating the AutoStick and also prolonged windshield wiper use.

Being a 2014, you warranty is likely still active. Have you had a chance top discuss what you've noticed with your servicing Dodge Dealer?

Old 01-24-2015, 10:29 AM
marfie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2014 awd charger

I have taken it to the dealership. They say there is nothing they can do. These are factory settings. AWD, for me should not be engaged in Northwest Colorado above 30 degrees, in my opinion. Roads are dry, I'm not using the auto-stick in town, there is no wheel slipping and the windshield wipers are not being used. We remain below 40 degrees for at least 4 - 5 months of the year. This really cuts into my fuel mileage!

Quick Reply: 2014 awd charger