Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2014 Charger SXT AWD - with climate control problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 02:12 PM
WYO Charger
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Charger SXT AWD - with climate control problems

Howdy to everyone here!

Used to have a 300C without any problems but the wife wanted a sporty looking car. So we now have a 2014 Charger SXT AWD V6. It runs nice and everything but the climate control works fine. I made a video documenting that it will not reach the temperature when in Auto. It's not an exciting video but if you want you can find it at:

When in Auto with the desired temperature set at 75 degrees, it will blow out 43 degree air while the cabin temperature is only 64. How is it ever going to reach the desired temperature if it is blowing out air that is colder than the current ambient temperature? It's been to the dealer three times and now Dodge says that it is "working as designed". I would like to see a copy of the design specifications for the system so I can understand what they are telling me.

Last edited by WYO Charger; 02-12-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 02:25 PM
WYO Charger

Brand new still with the window sticker

Almost forgot...here's a pic of the Charger!

Old 02-12-2015, 06:29 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Interesting. What is cabin temp while all that is going on? Does it actually GET to 75 degrees?

Moving this to the correct section for you as well.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:13 AM
WYO Charger

The cabin temp was about 10 degrees below the requested temperature. With the system blowing out 43 degree air, there is not any way the cabin temperature of 64 degrees was going to raise to the requested 75 degrees.

We have not been able to make the system act up while the car is at the dealership so they don't have any way of finding out what is causing it. They have recalibrated the blend door, checked the sunlight sensor, and tested the cabin temp sensor. But they only tested the thermistor (cabin air) sensor at one point, they should have done a three point test to determine if the output is linear.

Old 02-23-2015, 08:43 PM
WYO Charger

Same problem on another day...

Dodge Cares...what a joke!

Old 02-24-2015, 10:26 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

WYO Charger,

Is this an intermittent issue? I would like to try to assist with your climate control concerns. Please feel free to PM me your VIN, contact information, dealership information, and any other details you may have about the issue.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:16 AM
WYO Charger

I already did send a PM to you last week with that kind of information, but I will send it again.

Yes, the problem is intermittent which makes it hard to solve, but it sure seems like it should work reliably not intermittently.

Quick Reply: 2014 Charger SXT AWD - with climate control problems