Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Wheel size increase question

Old 02-27-2015, 07:43 AM
Wile C
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel size increase question

Not sure if this has been asked before but I have an 05 Magnum RT obviously same build as the charger and I've been looking at going to 20" wheels. I've read different places that increasing the wheel size is hard on the suspension, brakes, wheel bearings etc. Are the RT and SRT's suspension different such that the SRT was designed for 20" wheels and would have a negative affect on the car if I put 20" on my Magnum RT? not much activity in the magnum forum these days. Thanks for any info.

Old 02-27-2015, 10:39 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not really much difference other than spring, shock and sway bar. In addition, the SRT's are an inch lower.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:38 PM
oldmopeguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To find out what to do for tire size increases on your car go to www.rimsandtires.com
You enter the stock size then the size you would like to go to and it will give info such as speed increase or decrease. As long as you are 3% or less in size (it will indicate this for you), your ok.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheel size increase question