Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Radio turns off and back on by itself

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 03:00 PM
Chad4226
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Radio turns off and back on by itself

I have an '09 Charger and a few days ago the radio suddenly started shutting off and then turning back on. It happens every five to ten minutes so It's pretty annoying. It was fine before then and nothing else seems to be wrong with the car.

I was thinking maybe a fuse is going out, I originally thought it could be a wire too but it happens whether the car is moving or not so I didn't think that would be it.

Any thoughts?

Old 03-23-2015, 12:19 PM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad4226
I have an '09 Charger and a few days ago the radio suddenly started shutting off and then turning back on. It happens every five to ten minutes so It's pretty annoying. It was fine before then and nothing else seems to be wrong with the car.

I was thinking maybe a fuse is going out, I originally thought it could be a wire too but it happens whether the car is moving or not so I didn't think that would be it.

Any thoughts?
Chad4226,

I'm sorry to hear about your radio concern. Intermittent electrical concerns can be related to corroded or shorted wiring. Is there a particular time interval when it occurs? Or is it random within those 5-10 minutes?

Old 03-30-2015, 12:32 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Turn your AC blower on and take notice if it also drops at the same time the radio does.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:01 AM
alan87tfd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Luck! My wife's 2013 charger did the same thing after a year and a half of ownership. Other issues Uconnect no connect, AC Heater blend doors went crazy. Dealer answer, new Radio. $850 later all OK except the speaker for the Hands Free is fried. Really? Oh and the alternator recall in the mail and the dealer says it would be a year before a new replacement arrives. After much consternation from my wife dealership relented and installed Warranty Recall Alternator. Fast forward six months and the radio/Climate Control issues are back. Dealer answer, new radio, no warranty. This is at the new car original purchase dealership. Go to new dealer who bends over backwards to repair problem, fault in wiring, non updated radio program, all is good again. Happy wife happy life. Until today blend door issues cropping up unable to change settings. Set temp, shut off car, restart car and settings are as set before shut down. If you want to change temp, make change, shut down car, restart. Much frustration in this house. Will be scheduling a trip to new dealer as soon as possible, trying to keep wife from purchasing a new car, this car is only two years old and we are still upside down.This is our 2nd Charger, I wish we had never traded in the 2010!!!

Old 12-02-2015, 10:17 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry to hear about the variety of concerns you've had with your vehicle, alan87tfd, as well as your bad experience at your purchasing dealership. I am happy to hear that you've found a dealership that you're happier with. Please keep us posted on how everything goes with your next appointment!

Quick Reply: Radio turns off and back on by itself