Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Attach Hood Insulator

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 11:13 AM
mov
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attach Hood Insulator

Need assistance! I own a 2006 Dodge Charger R/T with a custom (non-metal) hood. I purchased a new hood Insulator that I'm having a picture airbrushed on it. My problem is that there are no holes in the hood to install the Insulator. I''m only going to use it for display at car shows but need an idea of what I could use to attach the Insulator. I thought about velcro but if left on the underside of the hood without the Insulator in place, the heat would loosen the velcro and fall off. What can I use for this install?

URL=http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/keyleroy/media/photobucket-5652-1332034040462.jpg.html][/URL]

Old 03-30-2015, 12:29 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You need to make marks using another Charger or the hood insulation as a template.

You will need a depth setting drill attachment and a steady hand to make those holes.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:09 AM
mov

Would this attachment be sold at Home Depot or Lowe's? Thanks for the info!

Old 03-31-2015, 11:21 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Yes, any home improvement store. It's basically a collar that slides over the drill bit and held in place with a set screw to limit the depth of the hole. Called a drill stop.

Milescraft 5342 Drill Stop Set, 6-Piece - Power Drill Accessories - Amazon.com Milescraft 5342 Drill Stop Set, 6-Piece - Power Drill Accessories - Amazon.com

Old 03-31-2015, 02:53 PM
mov

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Yes, any home improvement store. It's basically a collar that slides over the drill bit and held in place with a set screw to limit the depth of the hole. Called a drill stop.

Milescraft 5342 Drill Stop Set, 6-Piece - Power Drill Accessories - Amazon.com

Roger that! Thank you!

Quick Reply: Attach Hood Insulator