Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Painting emblems

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 11:35 AM
bamafan97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting emblems

I have a 2010 charger sxt i am trying to paint the emblems black. I was wondering if i should you plasti dip or something else. And is i should take them off the car but i dont not know how to take them off an put them back on. So if anybody has any information on what to use or how to take of the emblems and put them back on, it would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:07 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Fishing line and a heat gun ro remove. Plastidip the emblems. Clean the original tape off real good, buy some new 3M tape and use that to reinstall. Plenty of how-to videos on you tube if you need visuals. Welcome to the forum.

Old 04-22-2015, 01:18 PM
bamafan97
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Fishing line and a heat gun ro remove. Plastidip the emblems. Clean the original tape off real good, buy some new 3M tape and use that to reinstall. Plenty of how-to videos on you tube if you need visuals. Welcome to the forum.
Ok. Now what is the best way to ensure that letters will be placed in the exact spot and not uneven?

Old 04-22-2015, 02:02 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Eyeball it. There will be an "outline" if you will once you remove the tape residue. or take a picture, make measurements, etc so it goes back in the exact spot. Outline it before you remove it with dryerase marker, etc. etc.

Quick Reply: Painting emblems