Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Cold Air On Driver Side, Warm Air On Passenger Side.

Old 05-15-2015, 12:07 AM
rjz075
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air On Driver Side, Warm Air On Passenger Side.

Hey everyone! First time posting on the forums and really need some help asap!!!

Car= 2007 Dodge Charger SXT

About a month ago warm air started blowing from my passenger vents and also vents leading to the back seats.

But ice cold still on my side. My buddy tried telling me and I thought he was just complaining because we live in Arizona and the car is black so I assumed he was just complaining of it not cooling down fast enough. Little did I know the air wasn't even remotely cold on the passenger side.

So now the question is. How do I remove the dash, Do I just need to refill ac? Do I need to change blender door actuator? What part is that called if I go to autozone and buy it? How much will this cost in a shop roughly? How long of a job is it if me and my father just change out the part ourselves?

Also we haven't removed the dash on the charger yet but usually do all the work on cars we own ourselves. Well mostly him with me just holding the light or unscrewing things lol.

Edit: did the test where you hold down the defrost button after turning the car on and turning the blower to max and letting the system restart itself now the defrost and a/c button are flashing opposite of each other blinking back and forth. What does this mean????

But i couldn't find a YouTube video saying how to remove the dash. So ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!

Last edited by rjz075; 05-15-2015 at 03:19 AM. Reason: add info
Old 05-18-2015, 09:45 PM
rjz075
Default seriously?

Thought this was a dodge forum. Where is everyone?? I need some help here!!

Old 05-19-2015, 10:02 AM
hemiquad4x4
Amateur

You most likely have the dreaded blend door problem which is a known problem across most if not all Dodge vehicles. A search for Dodge blend door problem will give you hours / days worth of reading. When I researched it for my truck (not charger) I found out you will pay dearly if you take it to the shop since the removal of the dash and access to the actuator/door is labor intensive.
Good luck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cold Air On Driver Side, Warm Air On Passenger Side.