Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

'06 Charger RT ESP/BAS and ABS lights on and won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 02:58 PM
johnny93
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 Charger RT ESP/BAS and ABS lights on and won't start

Yesterday I picked up my '06 Charger RT from the body shop after having repairs done (I was hit on the driver's side rear axle/quarter panel) and after driving about 15 miles I heard a 'ding' and my ESP/BAS and ABS lights came on. I went ahead and drove it back to my house since it was only another mile or so.

This morning I went to check it out and I couldn't even get the car to start. I have no idea what the problem is. And forgive me, my knowledge of cars is limited.

When the keys are in the ignition, I am only able to see the lights under the gas gauge and engine temp gauge. The others won't come on. My stereo will not turn on either. When I try and start it, I get a click, followed by another one about a second later.

The first thing I tried was to jump the car. When I connected the cables, all of my electronics turned on but still no luck in starting it. I waited a few minutes to try again and noticed my electronics turned off again minus the lights on the gas and engine temp gauges. Tried to start again and still no luck.

Any ideas? Just hoping to be more knowledgable before going back to the shop/dealer.

Old 09-02-2015, 03:02 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I'd start by getting the battery tested.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:08 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What's the voltage? And yeah, get the battery tested. These cars are VERY voltage sensitive.

Quick Reply: '06 Charger RT ESP/BAS and ABS lights on and won't start