Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2007 dodge charger R/T won't go into gear

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 01:33 AM
dmburg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 dodge charger R/T won't go into gear

My 2007 dodge charger will not go into gear. Allow me to specify that the shifter *** moves freely and the shift gear position display says it is in drive, reverse ect even though it's not in gear. If I disconnect the negative battery terminal and reconnect it it will go into reverse and drive once or twice and then it remains in neutral if I take it out of gear, I have replicated this 5 times. In addition it makes a high pitched winning sound if it moves while it's in gear. My vehicle has no prior history of transmission issues (slips, rough shifting). I would really appreciate any information I can get.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:54 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

When did this first start happening, dmburg? Did you notice any specific conditions when it happened?

Old 10-05-2015, 12:24 PM
dmburg
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It happens out of nowhere yesterday I stopped as soon as I noticed the high pitched sound coming from my car. I thought It might have been my power steering pump so I stopped at Walmart to get some and noticed the issue.

Old 10-09-2015, 10:40 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

dmburg,

I dug around for a TSB that could potentially relate to your concern, but I was unable to find one. Do you have any updates on this since Monday?

My suggestion is to bring your vehicle to a dealership. If you would like to do so and want assistance scheduling an appointment, please feel free to reach out. Either way, be sure to keep us posted on this!

Quick Reply: 2007 dodge charger R/T won't go into gear