Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2008 Charger SE 3.5L not starting

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 09:12 PM
jasongm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Charger SE 3.5L not starting

About a week ago the car died on the highway. No sounds, no smoke, just dead. When I try to start it, I just hear the engine turning (or the starting trying to start the car) but no life. The check engine light came on just before death, and the red lightning bolt flashed.

I don't recall what codes were seen on a code reader, but I did the key dance and get codes 0627, 0685, and 0340.

I have checked all the visible/serviceable fuses, swapped the relays around with no change. I pulled off the hosed to the throttle and see it flap a little when I turn the key, but nothing when trying to crank. I can hear the fuel pump priming when I turn the key.

In an attempt to address 0340, I replaced the Camshaft sensor with no luck/change.

Lacking proper diagnostic tools, and attempting to rule things out, I disconnected the throttle and got an additional set of codes, so I am moderately certain that isn't the issue.

At this point I am at a complete loss. I have scoured the internet for days looking for solutions, and have noting to show for it. My next stop is a mechanic/dealership unless I can sort it out myself.

Old 03-07-2016, 09:26 AM
DodgeCares
Champion
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I can't advise as to any DIY repair ideas, but if you do decide to bring your vehicle to a dealership I'd be happy to help schedule an appointment. If you decide to do so and would like assistance, just shoot me a PM on here.

Old 04-07-2016, 08:28 PM
07ChargerDude
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

P0627 is fuel pump.
In the trunk, your fuse relay center, there is a relay for the
fuel pump, and the TCM. You can swap them, see if the car
will start, if so, then it's the relay. There is a fuse too, and
of course a bad pump.

P0685 is the ASD relay.
Check all the ECM fuses, if the fuses are OK try replacing the ASD relay.

Quick Reply: 2008 Charger SE 3.5L not starting