Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

StopTech Rotors & Raybestos EHT Pads Report

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 11:45 PM
2therock
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default StopTech Rotors & Raybestos EHT Pads Report

I installed StopTech Cryo Drilled Rotors and Raybestos Element3 Brake Pads on 3/25/16.

Pretty grabby. I really like them. Very happy with the braking. They were good before and if anything, they are better.

No noise after the first day. When they were still seating in at crawling speed leaving the driveway I heard something very very light that went away a block or so away.
I don't blame noise on pads as much as I do the installs. If you put your trust in the MFG's shims and install them dry you are on your own. I use Permatex Brake Brake Quiet spray and need not worry.

Durability. Today I had to make a panic brake on interstate when my electronics went off and if they were going to hot spot or transfer materials they missed the opportunity.
I just knew this was going to be where they would disappoint but they were fine and I could finally sigh in relief that I spent money on a combo that could take a high speed haul down to comply with electronic monitoring devices being used.

Dust is Very Low amounts of light color, great!
Below are pics I took on 4/13/16 19 days after the install to demonstrate the dust.
Note the inside of the wheels and calipers. The outsides of the wheels were washed 5 days before the pic, but not the inside or calipers.
The blue color on the tacky Permatex Brake Quiet can still be seen.
It makes sense Raybestos would come out with a new product with a low to no dust issue. When I called to research he assured me I would really like the pads.

Rotors from TireRack
Pads from Ebay "hardpartsfast". (Raybestos p/n EHT 1058H)

Quick Reply: StopTech Rotors & Raybestos EHT Pads Report