Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Help me pick my Charger!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 11:30 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help me pick my Charger!!!!!

Greetings everyone:
My name is Don, and I have been here on Dodgeforum since 2006 in the Durango forum. I have decided that my next daily driver will be a 2012-2014 AWD Charger likely with the Hemi.

I figured I would introduce myself, and see what options that all of you current Charger owners feel are must haves. Since I reside in southwest Ohio, you can understand why I would be interested in the AWD option. My 04 Durango is AWD, and it is a beast in the inclement in our Ohio winter weather.
I test drove a 14 AWD Hemi a few weeks ago, and have been smitten ever since!
While I like the redesign of the '15 model, and would love to have the 8 speed trans, I understand Dodge has dropped the AWD option from the civilian Hemi model.
Newer than 14 will also likely exceed my budget.

To start off, what about the Beats audio system? 10 speakers and 550 watts sounds like I would enjoy it when playing my AC/DC and Eric Clapton. I am not a big sunroof fan (my Durango has one), but if it's there I would not overlook a Charger with one unless it took up too much headroom.

As far as color goes, I have a '13 Charger brochure, and everything there except white is in the realm of choice.
Until the recent test drive, I had only driven a 14 Pentastar V6 rental in Florida last June. It had just 9K miles, and I got 400 miles out of one tank of fuel! It seemed to have plenty of power also for the size/weight of the Charger.

All input is requested and appreciated in advance.

Don

Last edited by n8ech; 04-28-2016 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Date correction
Old 04-29-2016, 11:58 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker

WOW!
I guess I thought folks would jump at the chance to share their likes/dislikes with their Chargers.
Looks like 170+ people have read my post, and could not be bothered to throw in their .02 cents.

Since I don't care to write messages to myself, I might have to find a Charger forum where folks care to "pay it forward."
Don

Old 04-30-2016, 11:37 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Well if you are looking for a "real" Charger i can help you there (1968-70) but not one with 4 doors. Sorry Not trying to be a wise a$$ but just because it was viewed by X amount of people doesn't mean they are all registered members here and can comment. About less than a 1/4 of that amount are actual members. Plus you are expecting a response in a 24 hour period! Give people some time to get back to the forums. We all don't live on here.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:18 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker

Moparite:
You make a fair point that 24 hours may be a bit optimistic, but other forums I have frequented usually have some kind of response with a day or two. While I am semi-retired, I don't "live" on any forum either.
As far as being a "real" Charger, I think that is kind of up to what the person who pays the money for the car feels it is.
Don't get me wrong, at age 50 I am old enough to have seen and appreciated most muscle cars from "the big three" back in the day.

On the other hand, just because a car has 4 doors instead of two does not mean it can't go fast or handle.
In my case, I prefer 4 doors because I like my passengers to be comfortable. The cars that we as a nation are experiencing today are unparalleled when it comes to power, emissions, handling, and economy.

Witness the 707 horsepower Challenger/Charger Hellcat. Muscle cars of the 60's and 70's were fast for their day, but only in a straight line for the most part.
None of them had an AWD option that I can recall.

I would venture to say that the Charger I end up with will more than likely out handle anything that would be comparable class wise from "back then".
370 real SAE horsepower (not gross) is certainly respectable as well.

You reply is appreciated.

Don

Last edited by n8ech; 04-30-2016 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:17 PM
Blueinterceptor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same issue. Not a lot of responses. It appears more people are interested in talking about them on Facebook or Twitter.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:33 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker

Blue:
Thanks for your thoughts.
I am not a "tweeter." I do use FB, but mostly to keep in touch with friends, family, and classmates that are out of the area.

I guess forums may eventually get to be old like 8 track tapes and cassettes.
My first car was a 72 Camaro that was well used. I removed the 8 track in the dash to install an upgraded cassette player, amp, better 6 x 9 speakers, etc.

I think that all vehicles are neat, just than some are much more interesting than others.
The ones that have the power to "get out of their own way" are always near the top of my list.

Don

Old 05-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Currently Active Users (1 members & 5 guests) (The one member is me)

Currently Active Users 898 (12 members and 886 guests) This is for the entire site on Sunday 1 pm(eastern time)!

I think this explains the low resonance rate.

Last edited by Moparite; 05-01-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 06:16 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker

I am sure those stats indeed tell most if not all of the story.
There are a number of forums out there in internet land. I came across this one as a Dodge owner when I had my Gen 1 (2001) Durango.
I was hoping to see a similar response to my upcoming interest in the Charger section.
At any rate, Rome was not built in a day, and it will likely be 4-12 months before my Charger is in the driveway at any rate.

Don :0)

Quick Reply: Help me pick my Charger!!!!!