Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

07 Charger having huge issues, please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 12:17 PM
Hartwickm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Charger having huge issues, please help!!!

The car:
2007 Dodge Charger RT AWD
Automatic
85500 miles
Fresh oil

The quick and dirty:

My car has the Traction Control, ESP, and ABS lights on the dash.

The code is U1417.

The real issue... when first started, or a long while after sitting, the car will refuse to accelerate and grinds as if the ABS is firing while I hit the gas. If I let off the gas for a bit and hit it again it seems fine. It remains ok for most of the day unless it cools. (oddly doesn't seem to have a problem in reverse)

The long and ... less dirty?

I was on vacation for about 2 weeks and left my car in a driveway that had a relatively slight incline. When I got home, started the car, put it in gear and hit the gas, there was a loud POP and the lights on the dash lit up immediately. I assumed that the pop came from the break pads rusting to the rotors a bit, it had rained almost every day I was gone.

The grinding and deceleration became more and more obvious as time went on and now does it every morning. It's a bit unnerving trying to merge or turn onto a street not knowing if your car is actually going to... well, go...

I know the U1417 is supposed to be an "implausible left wheel distance" so I replaced the left rear sensor, code hasn't gone away.

I replaced all 4 wheel hubs thinking it could have been the bearings... still grinding. Torqued all 4 axel nuts too so I know they are snug.

I replaced the alternator that was producing 11-12 amp instead of the 13.9 that it should have been, still all the same problems.

The garage that my friend owns can't figure it out either and I'm in trouble because I can't drive the thing and also can't afford a rental car for how long it takes to try and fix it.

Does anyone else have any clues or insight into what might be the problem? I've spent so much money "guessing" at what might fix it. I'm hoping someone has had this problem before or can at least shed some light on it.

Let me know if anyone needs more information.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:08 AM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

try this, pull the fuses to the abs and see what happens, take it around the block to see if you still get that grinding noise. also did you clear all the codes and did they come back? pcm might just need a simple reset

Quick Reply: 07 Charger having huge issues, please help!!!