Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2006 Dodge Charger 2.7 P0335 Diagnostic Code

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 08:29 PM
nutsandbolts55
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Dodge Charger 2.7 P0335 Diagnostic Code

I noticed several owner's had problems with their vehicle operating in "Limp Mode". Not sure if the solution in this post will solve your particular problem, but here is what I discovered.

First, let me thank the owner's that posted on this forum. The information you provided was valuable during the troubleshooting phase.

The vehicle in question stalled at a shopping center and had to be towed. Engine was hard to start and throttle body was not operating. Owner replaced the Accelerator Pedal Position sensor (APP), Throttle Position Sensor (TPS), and Crankshaft Position Sensors after getting Diagnostic Code P0335. However, using the on-board Diagnostic Test I discovered here in the Forum, the ECM displayed code 0642 indicating a problem in the 5-volt reference circuit. The hand-held Diagnostic Device we purchased for testing did not display the code.
Not sure why.

Began testing the reference voltage at the MAP and TPS. MAP voltage OK, but Throttle Position Sensor was low. Decided to check reference voltage at the Crankshaft Position Sensor. When the protective covering surrounding the sensor wiring was pulled down, all three wires were touching at several locations. Cut/removed covering to expose approx. 6 inches of the damaged wires. Cut and spliced each wire (one-at-a-time). Re-assembled all parts removed and fired-up the engine. Vehicle runs fine.

At present it is unclear how the damage occurred. Owner stated he replaced the alternator and blew one of the Brown fuses in the process. Also, the sensor wiring is located near "hot" spots on the engine (passenger side).

Not sure if this will help any of you, but if you get a Crankshaft Position Sensor trouble code, please inspect the wiring harness for shorted or damaged wires. Good luck...

Last edited by nutsandbolts55; 09-25-2016 at 08:34 PM.

Quick Reply: 2006 Dodge Charger 2.7 P0335 Diagnostic Code