Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2008 Charger R/T HEMI won't idle after rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 03:46 PM
jmulbry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Charger R/T HEMI won't idle after rebuild

Okay, I will try to keep my posts short to make this managable for everyone. Recently rebuilt a 5.7 HEMI 345ci and it will not idle. Symptoms seem like a bad valve spring (Common Issue) but all of them look good (No cracks or wear) *Driver side head is new as well as piston #1 and rings. Codes so far are p0300 (Misfire) and p0113 (IAT sensor.) This code only popped up after i diconnected the sensor to see if it would make a difference in idle ability. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:16 AM
faststudy101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No responses? I'm a member on a few forums and usually there are plenty of experienced people willing to offer ideas. I also noticed that the majority of the threads started in the Dodge forum here are about mechanical failures where other forums have more build threads etc. But that is just a quick observation having only found this forum today.

I have very similar issues on a top end overhaul. This car has a pretty ugly harness with wire loom and insulation on some of the ground wires deteriorated with some of the ground wires actually showing exposed and somewhat corroded copper.

Let me know if you have resolved your issue and what your findings are. I've gone through this engine to confirm valve timing, gone through all the ground locations and cleaned them up. I've hoped and prayed I would find a single harness ground wire that was not connected, but no such luck.