Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2015 Dodge Charger LED Headlight Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 05:25 PM
generalj14
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Dodge Charger LED Headlight Upgrade

I bought some LED Headlights for my 2015 Charger. They are rated at 5200 Lumens per bulb. 10400 Lumens all together. They have a heat sink, fan...a true quality build. 9012 sockets, 55w ballast, 6000k color temp. They look amazing on the car, but I am having only one problem and I am hoping this great community can help. I installed the lights on the car and included warning cancellers as I heard they prevent errors and flickering. However the problem I have been having is my lights are on...seem to be running fine and then out of the blue they'll turn off and then about 2-3 seconds later they'll cut back on. They both do this at the exact same time. Sometimes it wont do it at all when im driving, but most of the time it does. I have noticed that when it does it 3 times the lights do not turn back on and I have to turn my car off and restart it for my lights to turn on again (I assume this to be some kind of 3 strike rule with the computer and restarting the car resets it). There is no issue with the bulb and ballast setup as they have been tested and are ok. Am I missing something? Do I need to add something to my setup to fix this? I LOVE how bright these lights are and they are the perfect color for the car. IMHO these are the kind of lights Dodge should have used instead of the ugly yellow halogen. It's tacky to have a nice, bright led halo and then an ugly yellow halogen bulb. Right now I have temporarily put halogens back because it poses a safety issue. Please help and thank you in advance

On a side note: I believe to have noticed a quick flicker...about a millisecond even with the halogen lights, but they don't turn off like my LED Headlight setup did. I was wondering if maybe that had something to do with it. I read around and heard of the computer pinging the headlights? Im new to Dodge so this info is all new to me. I hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction in solving this issue.

Quick Reply: 2015 Dodge Charger LED Headlight Upgrade