Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

2006 Charger r/t electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 06:56 PM
faststudy101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Charger r/t electrical issues

I'm working on a Dodge Charger that needed some new valve seats and I put a healthy little camshaft with new MDS delete lifters in it while I was at it.

The issues showed up immediately. What I'm experiencing is a car that doesn't want to idle at all. I can hold the RPM's above 1500. The voltage for the bank 2 upstream O2 sensor is very high. It starts at 2.5v and will drop down some but it's always staying in the 1.2-1.6v range for the most part. I tried swapping the two upstream sensors just to see if the issue followed the sensor but it didn't

I've gone through all the ground connections and found the wiring is pretty crusty. Ive cleaned all the connection points where the grounds are bolted to the back of the cylinder heads as well as several locations on the inner fenders etc.

I'm curious if anyone else has had similar issues with these cars. This is my second Chrysler cam swap, the other being an SRT-8 Jeep and that one was uneventful. Ive never experienced these kinds of issues on any car ive worked on.

thanks for the feedback

Old 03-07-2017, 06:59 PM
faststudy101
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, the car has a base file for the camshaft change. It isn't really tunable right now until I get this electrical issue sorted. It appears this issue is isolated to the passenger side. The driver side sensor reads more normal. I have searched and searched hoping to find a little ground wire I mistakenly left loose, but everything is hooked up.

I may start with a new PCM and then swap the harness, but before all that I just wanted to check in. I see lots of threads of ECU and electrical issues for these cars...