Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Enough of retro colors!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 04:25 PM
mikcle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Enough of retro colors!

I saw a new Daytona torred today! The color makes me glad I didnt wait! Enough of the retro colors, how about some new colors that dont remind me of a bad acid trip. What do you guys think?

Old 06-19-2006, 06:39 PM
GoManGo_1269
Default RE: Enough of retro colors!

Just get a standard charger with the road and track package. It is easy enough to add a few spoilers and stickers yourself.

Let those who like the older colors have their fun.

(if you call it something special (like daytona) maybe they won't even notice you can get the same thing in any color they want) [&:]

Michael

Old 06-19-2006, 08:56 PM
mikcle

Yeah, thats what I did! I am so glad I got the inferno red rather than daytona torred red. Between that color and the decals it takes away from what is a great looking vehicle.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:08 PM
Lateral-G
Professional

The HIP colors are awesome. It's about time they started offering vehicles in something other than grey/silver and metallic dark red. I'm sick of those colors [:'(][:'(][:'(]

I hope DC brings back all the HIP colors. [8D]

-G-

Old 06-21-2006, 03:03 PM
justinriney

ORIGINAL: Lateral-G

The HIP colors are awesome. It's about time they started offering vehicles in something other than grey/silver and metallic dark red. I'm sick of those colors [:'(][:'(][:'(]

I hope DC brings back all the HIP colors. [8D]

-G-

I couldn't agree more. You look out on the roads today and see nothing but the same old bland looking cars simply because people want to look 'professional' or don't want to get sick of their vehicle's color. Vehicle turnover is incredibly high anyway, I don't see someone justifying buying white or gray so they won't get tired of it, or because "it's too hot". You're turning around and buying a new one 5 years later anyway. I'm glad automakers are stepping outside the box a little to add some life to the roads. Too many bland colors out there, but I suppose everyone has their own preferences. I say live a little.

Old 06-21-2006, 09:48 PM
mikcle

Does Dodge really think this is going to attract anyone special? To each his own! I can understand Topbanana. I can sort of understand Gomango but does anyone really want a dayglow red car? How about working on modernizing existing colors? Every new Daytona doesn't have to resemble a color off a blacklight poster! If anything exotic how about cool hemi orange? Not f*cking dayglow not Mango but a true modern version of the classic. What do you guys think?

Old 06-21-2006, 10:39 PM
justinriney

The more colors the better. Hemi Orange would be nice. Bring 'em on. I disagree with the TorRed criticism...I think it blows the other colors out of the water. It's all personal preference..which is EXACTLY why it's nice to have a nice range of colors.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:56 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Hemi Orange beats the hell out of that sicky, metallic, pea-soup, vomit green the new Mustangs offer......[sm=shootshoot.gif]

Dusty

Old 06-22-2006, 02:13 AM
jbradc

Personally I like the TorRed, it's the only real red option for the Charger. The Inferno red is maroon, not red.
But that's what it's all about, what you personally like.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:26 PM
mikcle

Inferno red is not maroon. Maroon is dark brownish-red. Trust me Ive had a maroon chevy. Inferno red looks classy compared to the other fire engine reds you see out there. I just dont like the Torred color. Retro I get it. Why not offer Hemi orange like is on the challenger prototype? It would look great with the blacked out detail of the Daytona. There are a million color possibilities why keep going in the same direction.

Quick Reply: Enough of retro colors!