Dodge Charger The Dodge Charger. The car that made its competitors shiver in the 60's is reborn in 2006 into a sleek sedan that can still send the competition home wimpering, the Dodge Charger.

Bogging

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:31 AM
atnyman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bogging

Anybodies Charger Bog out as they are powering through a turn. let's say from a stop you start a turn and give it more gas half way through and it feels like the cars wants to stall. Cars in shop today see what dealer says. There fixing Tranny leak and rattle in dash we hope. Thanx

Old 01-25-2008, 03:22 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker
Default RE: Bogging

Was the traction control turned on or off? Mine will sometimes do it if I have the traction control on.

dave

Old 01-26-2008, 11:39 PM
atnyman

Traction control is usually on. it just shouldn't do this at all. i mean it's like it looses all power then starts back up again. Thanx

Old 01-28-2008, 02:05 PM
74scamp
Record Breaker

Mine will "bog" out if I leave the traction controll turned on. I think it is sensing two different things - one is wheel spin (or the possible start of wheel spin) and the other is the sideways motion. Try it with the traction controll turned off and see what happens, then.

dave

Old 01-28-2008, 11:36 PM
atnyman

Your Probably. Got the car back today. dealer says probably is sensors (esp) so car won't flip over. I said I'm not driving like a mad man. Sometimes you might be making left at intersection and have to goose it a little. Car bogs out. I think it's ridiculous. any how they said they fixed trnny leak.replaced (E) plug in tranny. He said it's were the wires go in. thanx for reply

Old 01-30-2008, 09:53 AM
74scamp
Record Breaker

It seems that some cars have more sensitivity in the traction control system than others. Mine will do it, but not all the time. And I think you're right - it could become a safety issue. Just be careful. Don't know if it would help if you kept complaining or not. Maybe try a different dealer if you have that option.

dave

Old 02-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Midnight Blue
Professional

I leave mine off all the time now. I got tired of the car choking out in traffic circles or when I was trying to squirt into traffic so now I turn it off when I start the car (ign on, hold the ESP button until it chimes, start the engine). The car no longer argues with me when I hit the gas. Corners are more fun too - grab a gear, turn the wheel and hit the throttle. Getting a little sideways isn't always a bad thing.

Redbeard

Quick Reply: Bogging