Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

Dodge AT4

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 05:53 AM
heavykevie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A note to Mousey, the colour code 13211 is a dulux color. It was used on PMG vehicles and is red, I have one as a dual cab 353 - under restoration. Keep up this good work.

There is quiet a few dual cabs out there, I've come across a three door (similar to a VW transporter dual cab). There must have been an after market dual cab - the originals had quarter panel windows front and rear, the rear door being near vertical top to bottom - yet I've seen a version that has all front doors and a sloped panel insert - anyone shed some light?

Old 05-31-2011, 05:49 AM
Boma90

Smithy.1, to change your motor from a slant 6 to a 318 v8 did you have to change your (k-frame) chassis rails? i am looking at putting a 360ci chrysler engine in my at4-114 and was curious about the modifications needed. i have a dude lined up to do mod plates and all just need the know how to get the job done.

Originally Posted by smithy.1
hey guys good to see some avid dodge fans. i to own a dodge at4 114 with a worked 318 tunnel rammed and 904 torque flight tranny. goes hard but can be quiet scarey in the handling department looking at putting it on a hlden one tonne chassis will try and put some photos on at a later date. happy motoring smithy

Old 06-19-2011, 07:31 AM
TonyAT4
Default at4

Hi guys,
I have just spoken to another AT4 (114) owner that has done the following...

A power steering conversion using Ford Falcon master cylinder and F100 steering box.
And a front disc brake conversion with rotors from hopperstoppers. He has also done a cummins v8 conversion from a 245 Hemi.

I am speaking to him again on Tuesday 21/06.
I will be taking photos and gathering as much info/part numbers as possible to share with this forum.

Will also update my profile with photos from my own truck restoration.
Cheers, Tony.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:58 PM
running-on-empty

does this mean the AT4 114 didnt come out with a v8?

Old 06-20-2011, 06:20 PM
TonyAT4
Default 114 v8?

I don't think the 114 did come standard with a V8. The front leaf springs have sagged on the front of my mates truck from having a heavy V8 and 727 gearbox attached to it. I would think only the 3-10 tonne trucks came with a V8 and an extra leaf spring in front to cope with the weight. The Cummins diesel sounds like a good alternative, but check your front springs first.
On the brake upgrades...
www.scarebirdllc.com

Old 07-01-2011, 01:43 PM
micheloaks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default D5N/AT4 for sale 114inch

Just a heads up mate of mine is selling his 75 D5N

Has a completely rebuilt motor - six cylinder petrol
rebuilt brake system
rebuilt suspension

Body is ok in orig paint has the usual rust but nothin too scary for these beasts

located in Canberra.

CAll Terry 0405091133

Old 09-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Peter Sando
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Power Steering

Re Tonyat4 observations
Tony were you able to get photos of the Ford F100 steering box installed in the AT4?
If so please post them.
Thanks

Old 08-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Alan McDonald
Default Cab mount bushes

Hi
I am currently in the process of repairing the cab floor on my Dodge AT4 329 and have found that the rubber bushes that sit on the top of the cab support bracket are in need of replacing. These rubber bushes are cup shaped and sit into a dished out well on the top side of this bracket and then bolted through the support and locked underside with two flat washers and a rubber washer sandwiched between and then secured with a nylon locknut.
Can anyone offer any advice on these bushes.
It would be greatly appreciated
Can anyone also tell me whether these trucks were sent to Australia as a cab chassis's and were then built to an Australian design as both Dodge and International?
Do they have any similarities to some of the US models having for example the same chassis.
Thanks
Alan

Last edited by Alan McDonald; 08-21-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:18 AM
madmanx
Default newby with a 329

hi guys,
new to this forum
just picked up what i'm pretty sure is a AT4 329 with dual wheels at the rear, very sweet sounding V8 and it is auto.  Dodge AT4-dodge.jpg Dodge AT4-motor.jpg
The rubber door seals are shot so can anybody recommend a good place for these?
rest od it is pretty sweet, just waiting for rain to stop so i can de-grease the motor and pressure clean

cheers guys

Old 03-09-2013, 01:53 PM
hillbilly363
Default at114

hey guys newbie here have at114 am getting chassis modified by ozrods in brisbane some time this year,rack pinion,4link rear,mini tubs,big block and auto,cab very rusty,i will be selling slant and gearbox if anyone interested,also chasing good cab 69 model,so good to be on this forum have learnt so much cheers everyone

Quick Reply: Dodge AT4