Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

My new 1965 d100 project

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 01:41 PM
Offroad dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new 1965 d100 project

I joined this forum awhile ago with my 2001 ram 1500, but I haven't been online in a while because around a year ago I sold my dodge. Well, I finally bought another! It's my grandfathers old 1965 dodge d100 swept line. It needs a lot of work, but I finally got one of my dream trucks. He called and said he was going to scrap it, unless I wanted it, so Of course I had to save it. It has been in the family for quite some time, my grandfather used it as a ranch truck, my dad learned to drive with this truck, and he drove it a little in high school, and in college. For the past 20 or so years, the truck has been sitting, but it left the truck with an amazing patina. I don't have many pictures, but I found one. It is low quality because it was on a digital picture frame, and I couldn't figure out how to send it to my computer so I had to take a picture of it on the frame. I will post better pictures as soon as I can get them.

Last edited by Offroad dodge; 06-23-2016 at 04:19 PM. Reason: I had to update some info in the post.
Old 06-22-2016, 09:38 PM
robertmee
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Offroad dodge
I joined this forum awhile ago with my 2001 ram 1500, but I haven't been online in a while because around a year ago I sold my dodge. Well, I finally bought another! It's my grandfathers old 1965 dodge d100 swept line. It needs a lot of work, but I finally got one of my dream trucks. He called and said he was going to scrap it, unless I wanted it, so Of course I had to save it. It has been in the family for quite some time, my grandfather used it as a ranch truck, my dad learned to drive with this truck, and he drove it a little in high school, and in college. For the past 20 or so years, the truck has been sitting, but it left the truck with an amazing patina. Sorry for the long post, but I'm just excited about my new project. I don't have pictures right now but will post them as soon as I can get them.
Very nice!! Wish someone would give me a 60s dodge truck...one of my favorite vehicles of that era and I've owned many a muscle car. When I finish my vert convert that might be the next one on the list. Look forward to the pics

Old 06-23-2016, 03:25 PM
Offroad dodge

I couldn't find many photos, this is the truck but the picture is low quality, I had to take a picture of the photo while it was on the digital frame. The truck is still at my grandfather's house about two and a half hours away from where I live, so this is the best I can do for now.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:46 PM
Offroad dodge

Here's some better pictures

Old 07-02-2016, 08:11 AM
robertmee
Record Breaker

Going to be some work....hopefully mostly surface rust though I have a feeling sitting in the field that long the floor pans are gone. It'll be a fun project over. Are you going to just get it running, do a resto mod, or a full restore?

Old 07-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Offroad dodge

Originally Posted by robertmee
Going to be some work....hopefully mostly surface rust though I have a feeling sitting in the field that long the floor pans are gone. It'll be a fun project over. Are you going to just get it running, do a resto mod, or a full restore?
It's been sitting since 1989, and it's pretty bad. Most of it is surface rust, but the floor pans are gone, it has plywood over them right now. The bed floor will also need some attention. I have the tailgate, but it is trashed, so I will have to do something with that as well. I want to clear coat the paint because I love that rusty patina, but I don't know what engine I want yet. I'm thinking either a 440 ci or a 4bt cummins. It has a 318 in it currently, but it's pretty well worn, and the transmission is bad.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:13 PM
patchelect
Professional

Most cool! We forget how "basic" trucks used to be. The interior shots are reminders that a truck was nothing more than a conveyance! They had nothing in or on them that wasn't absolutely necessary to operate them, not much more! Look at the steering column. Just the steering column itself! Plus in those days even heaters and radios were optional!

Good luck with your plans. I hope it becomes exactly what you envision it to be!

Old 07-17-2016, 02:35 PM
Offroad dodge

Originally Posted by patchelect
Most cool! We forget how "basic" trucks used to be. The interior shots are reminders that a truck was nothing more than a conveyance! They had nothing in or on them that wasn't absolutely necessary to operate them, not much more! Look at the steering column. Just the steering column itself! Plus in those days even heaters and radios were optional!

Good luck with your plans. I hope it becomes exactly what you envision it to be!
Thanks, I'm excited to get to work on it. What I love about these simple trucks is how easy it is to work on them. No sensors or computers to deal with. My 1976 Chevy is the same way, it has a heater and an am radio. Air conditioning is nice to have though. I daily drive an '08 f150 and some of the necessities are very nice to have.

Quick Reply: My new 1965 d100 project