Ps bs - DodgeForum.com

Dodge Classics Have a pre-muscle era car? How about an old pickup truck? Talk classic automobiles within.

Ps bs

Old 12-20-2016, 05:51 PM
CHKNMN

Question Ps bs

Hi everyone,
I have a 1960 Dodge Dart Seneca that I am trying to switch from manual over to power steering. My last step is to find a 2 groove pulley for the crank on the 318 motor. I took the old pulley out and it baffles me because it is like a one piece pulley/harmonic balancer that slides over the end of the crank shaft, has a key and gets bolted on by one big bolt.
Does anyone know if there is a 2 groove version of this type of pulley and where I might find one? Here are a few pictures to see what I am talking about. Any and all help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Joe B.

Old 12-20-2016, 08:19 PM
D-cat

There are a number of different lower pulley configurations. Your best bet is to go to the junkyard, with your measurements, & look for one. You will find the one you are looking for on older vehicles. Mostly late 70's & older. I usually take 3 or 4 different ones when I am doing a set-up. That way you have some options when you get home.
Old 12-21-2016, 10:00 AM
CHKNMN

Thanks, I have a call into a local guy that deals mostly with Mopar stuff. I will bring the old pulley as a reference.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:32 PM
Moparite
Record Breaker

That is a 318 poly motor correct? The last year for them was 1967. Doubt you find one in a junk yard but it's possible. Might try ebay or hemmings, Not sure how much support those motors have.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:34 AM
CHKNMN

Thanks for the info. I think I may have found one on eBay, but I'm having trouble getting any info about it from the seller. Can anyone tell me if these 2 part numbers are interchangeable?
My pulley #1859 680
eBay pulley #1735 924
Thanks and Happy Holidays to everyone!
Joe

Search this Thread