Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

global warming

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 11:55 PM
stewtina
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default global warming

Is everybody tired like i am about global warming, and how the invention of the automobile is the cause of it check out this web site http//www.iceagenow.com/ maybe we should all email this link to al gore and nancy pelosi. if it doesnt work let me know but it has a lot of good info for the next time some in a hybrid gives us dirty looks.

www.iceagenow.com

Old 05-08-2007, 12:13 AM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Default RE: global warming

I've been saying the global warming thing is BS for as long as I can remember. One volcanoe puts out more "green house gasses" then we have in our entire existance on this planet. Besides if you watch all the "sky is falling" shows on discovery and see the charts they put up to show historical temps, we are in an unprecidented stable time. The thing to also note is that following every temp rising period is an abrupt ice age. Smoke that tree huggers!

Old 05-08-2007, 12:27 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the one thing that has worked for me to shut these communists up. . .and yes the environmental movement is made up by the same communists that left russia. . .they just needed a new cause. . .is ask them what happened to the ice age of the 80's

heck it made Time magazine

oh, and one more thing, if we are polluting so much. . .and the trees absorb this pollution. . .then how come the smokey mountians are called such when there are very few roads through them

Old 05-08-2007, 12:41 AM
CamperAndy
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Drew

oh, and one more thing, if we are polluting so much. . .and the trees absorb this pollution. . .then how come the smokey mountians are called such when there are very few roads through them
I am glad you put the smiley on the end or somebody might think you are serious. The name came from the fog that is there and has nothing to do with smoke, trees also only capture CO2 (and release O2) and not not much else, so no help on the NOx and other discharges we do. You did know that the Appalachian mountains were bigger then the Himalayans at one time.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:54 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

Yeah I was wondering about the volcanoes too. I was watching a show on Discovery about them the other day and they were talking about how many trillions of tons of C02 just one active volcano emits a year and that did not count when the things were erupting!

The whole global warming thing is a bunch of BS and Al Gore is an idiot. We here in Tennessee figured that out a long time ago, that is why he didn't win his home state in the 2000 election. He has been on the local news here in recently about how much of a hypocrite he is. He has a 10,000 square foot house for him and his wife and an electric bill that runs about $2000 a month, the average around here is (about $300 a month).

Old 05-08-2007, 01:20 AM
jakebrake
Champion

Just waiting for Rainier to go up.

Old 05-08-2007, 01:48 AM
stewtina
Veteran

Let us know when it does go up. I am glad others agree with me about global warming and al bore i mean gore

Old 05-08-2007, 03:33 AM
SpLaT
Captain

Greenhouse gas consists of approx 95% H2O vapour the remaining 5% is made up of largely methane(cattle producing the largest amounts of C1)and other lighter then air gases with CO2 being about 0.04%. Forrest fires and rotting trees produce large amounts of CO2 in fact if the the "Do gooders" really want to cut back on CO2 emissions they ought to have all of us stop breathing, as the average humanproduces approx. 2.5lbs of CO2 each/year. Without this "green house" gas the earths overall tempature would drop to -27deg F and we would REALLY be in a ICEAGE!! Mars for example with next to nothing for an atmosphere (very little greenhouse gas) has a mean temp of -27deg F. Without CO2 the trees die and when the trees die no more O2 and we die!

Old 05-08-2007, 02:32 PM
chukar
Rookie

This sort of fits with the thread, but even if not entirely it is still funny...

How To Start Each Day With A Positive Outlook

1.Open a new file in your computer.

2.Name it "Hillary Rodham Clinton"

3.Send it to the trash.

4.Empty the trash.

5.Your PC will ask you, "Do you really want to get rid of 'Hillary Rodham
Clinton?'"

6.Firmly Click "Yes."

7.Feel better.

PS:Next week we'll do Nancy Pelosi.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: chukar

This sort of fits with the thread, but even if not entirely it is still funny...

How To Start Each Day With A Positive Outlook

1.Open a new file in your computer.

2.Name it "Hillary Rodham Clinton"

3.Send it to the trash.

4.Empty the trash.

5.Your PC will ask you, "Do you really want to get rid of 'Hillary Rodham
Clinton?'"

6.Firmly Click "Yes."

7.Feel better.

PS:Next week we'll do Nancy Pelosi.
ha ha ha. ..thats funny
edit: BTW, this is my gov't work computer