Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dodge Body Builder's Guide

Old 01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Body Builder's Guide

Ok so i11m10c2 was wandering around the internet this morning looking for info on putting the 50 (ish) gal tank from the new 5500's into our 06. He found this very cool web site in the process. Figured you guys would like to take a peak around it also.

Dodge Body Builder's Guide

Site has information on 04 and up; Rams, Daks, Caravans, and Durangos. Has dimensions; wiring diagrams; fluid capacities; tow information; tire information...just pages and pages and pages of good info.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Default RE: Dodge Body Builder's Guide

wow... thats cool

Old 01-06-2008, 11:10 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

Nice info there, especialy the electrical part

Old 01-06-2008, 11:20 AM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

"
Toolbox Brackets
When installing a toolbox to the front of your pickup bed,
you must use Mopar toolbox brackets available from your
dealer. Failure to install the additional support may lead to
significant bed damage. (The part number for the toolbox
brackets is 82205240.) For more details please visit the
Mopar website (www.mopar.com)."
I just read this.... Should I had done so before i put my tool box on? or is it just another way for Chrysler to make money??

Old 01-06-2008, 11:29 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: 07 Ram TRX4

"[align=left]Toolbox Brackets[/align][align=left]When installing a toolbox to the front of your pickup bed,[/align][align=left]you must use Mopar toolbox brackets available from your[/align][align=left]dealer. Failure to install the additional support may lead to[/align][align=left]significant bed damage. (The part number for the toolbox[/align][align=left]brackets is 82205240.) For more details please visit the[/align][align=left]Mopar website (www.mopar.com)."[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I just read this.... Should I had done so before i put my tool box on? or is it just another way for Chrysler to make money??[/align]
I think thats BS. I don't see how this truck is any different than any other truck in history. General rule of thumb is to only use one screw on each side of the bed to mount the box. If you use 4 screws to mount it, it won't be able to flex with the bed and something will have to give, usually the little sheet metal screws that you used to mount the box.
Aperantly they have has folks actually BOLT the box to the bed and when it flexes the bed gives before the bolts.
If you use one sheet metal screw on each side and in the same location as the oposite side, you will have no problems at all.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:29 PM
reed
Veteran

Oh Oh, not this kind of Body Builder's Guide:

Old 01-06-2008, 01:19 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: reed

The Frog will enjoy that one.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:05 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

"[align=left]Toolbox Brackets[/align][align=left]When installing a toolbox to the front of your pickup bed,[/align][align=left]you must use Mopar toolbox brackets available from your[/align][align=left]dealer. Failure to install the additional support may lead to[/align][align=left]significant bed damage. (The part number for the toolbox[/align][align=left]brackets is 82205240.) For more details please visit the[/align][align=left]Mopar website (www.mopar.com)."[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I just read this.... Should I had done so before i put my tool box on? or is it just another way for Chrysler to make money??[/align]
I think thats BS. I don't see how this truck is any different than any other truck in history. General rule of thumb is to only use one screw on each side of the bed to mount the box. If you use 4 screws to mount it, it won't be able to flex with the bed and something will have to give, usually the little sheet metal screws that you used to mount the box.
Aperantly they have has folks actually BOLT the box to the bed and when it flexes the bed gives before the bolts.
If you use one sheet metal screw on each side and in the same location as the oposite side, you will have no problems at all.
Well.... i did'nt use sheet metal screws......just an eye bolt with a nut...iit's what it came with.....seems fine...

Old 01-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: JimmyDiablo

ORIGINAL: reed

The Frog will enjoy that one.
that is what first came to mind, then I remembered sharky...

Old 01-06-2008, 03:40 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

Well.... i did'nt use sheet metal screws......just an eye bolt with a nut...iit's what it came with.....seems fine...
That should be fine as long as you only have one on each side. If you had one in all four corners is where you get in trouble.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge Body Builder's Guide