Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > Dodge Cummins Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Dodge Cummins Diesel Discuss all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Ram's within Dodge Diesel Forum.

Dodge Body Builder's Guide

Old 01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Record Breaker
Garage is empty, add now

Default Dodge Body Builder's Guide

Ok so i11m10c2 was wandering around the internet this morning looking for info on putting the 50 (ish) gal tank from the new 5500's into our 06. He found this very cool web site in the process. Figured you guys would like to take a peak around it also.

Dodge Body Builder's Guide

Site has information on 04 and up; Rams, Daks, Caravans, and Durangos. Has dimensions; wiring diagrams; fluid capacities; tow information; tire information...just pages and pages and pages of good info.
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!

'08 Sportster 883L
Old 01-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Record Breaker
Garage is empty, add now

Default RE: Dodge Body Builder's Guide

wow... thats cool

2007 Ram Big Horn Quad Cab CTD
Edge Juice and A2 monitor
H2 Wheels and 315/70/17 BFG A/T's
Custom Willy's Whistler Intake
AERO 4040XL
AMSOIL Dealer
Old 01-06-2008, 11:10 AM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now

Nice info there, especialy the electrical part
Old 01-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Captain
Garage is empty, add now

"
Toolbox Brackets
When installing a toolbox to the front of your pickup bed,
you must use Mopar toolbox brackets available from your
dealer. Failure to install the additional support may lead to
significant bed damage. (The part number for the toolbox
brackets is 82205240.) For more details please visit the
Mopar website (www.mopar.com)."
I just read this.... Should I had done so before i put my tool box on? or is it just another way for Chrysler to make money??
Old 01-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
ORIGINAL: 07 Ram TRX4

"[align=left]Toolbox Brackets[/align][align=left]When installing a toolbox to the front of your pickup bed,[/align][align=left]you must use Mopar toolbox brackets available from your[/align][align=left]dealer. Failure to install the additional support may lead to[/align][align=left]significant bed damage. (The part number for the toolbox[/align][align=left]brackets is 82205240.) For more details please visit the[/align][align=left]Mopar website (www.mopar.com)."[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I just read this.... Should I had done so before i put my tool box on? or is it just another way for Chrysler to make money??[/align]
I think thats BS. I don't see how this truck is any different than any other truck in history. General rule of thumb is to only use one screw on each side of the bed to mount the box. If you use 4 screws to mount it, it won't be able to flex with the bed and something will have to give, usually the little sheet metal screws that you used to mount the box.
Aperantly they have has folks actually BOLT the box to the bed and when it flexes the bed gives before the bolts.
If you use one sheet metal screw on each side and in the same location as the oposite side, you will have no problems at all.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Veteran
Garage is empty, add now

Oh Oh, not this kind of Body Builder's Guide:
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:19 PM
Champion
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: Born and raised in Los Angeles, Moved to Arizona, will never go back

Quote:
ORIGINAL: reed

The Frog will enjoy that one.

[IMG width=400 height=300]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee153/jimmydiablo/20130209_152703.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Captain
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

Quote:

"[align=left]Toolbox Brackets[/align][align=left]When installing a toolbox to the front of your pickup bed,[/align][align=left]you must use Mopar toolbox brackets available from your[/align][align=left]dealer. Failure to install the additional support may lead to[/align][align=left]significant bed damage. (The part number for the toolbox[/align][align=left]brackets is 82205240.) For more details please visit the[/align][align=left]Mopar website (www.mopar.com)."[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]I just read this.... Should I had done so before i put my tool box on? or is it just another way for Chrysler to make money??[/align]
I think thats BS. I don't see how this truck is any different than any other truck in history. General rule of thumb is to only use one screw on each side of the bed to mount the box. If you use 4 screws to mount it, it won't be able to flex with the bed and something will have to give, usually the little sheet metal screws that you used to mount the box.
Aperantly they have has folks actually BOLT the box to the bed and when it flexes the bed gives before the bolts.
If you use one sheet metal screw on each side and in the same location as the oposite side, you will have no problems at all.
Well.... i did'nt use sheet metal screws......just an eye bolt with a nut...iit's what it came with.....seems fine...
Old 01-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Grand Champion
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1993 Jeep ZJ, 1983 Camaro Z28

Quote:
ORIGINAL: JimmyDiablo

Quote:
ORIGINAL: reed

The Frog will enjoy that one.
that is what first came to mind, then I remembered sharky...

1999 Ram 1500 4x4 Sport
Old 01-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Banned
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:

Quote:
ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

Quote:

Well.... i did'nt use sheet metal screws......just an eye bolt with a nut...iit's what it came with.....seems fine...
That should be fine as long as you only have one on each side. If you had one in all four corners is where you get in trouble.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:40 PM

Tags
2007, body, builder, builders, dodge, guide