Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Tire Pressure Monitor Light

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 09:45 AM
mjhzn6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Pressure Monitor Light

I just mounted some new tires and wheels on my 08 Ram 2500. Obviously getting rid of the old wheels also gets rid of the tire pressure sensors. Now my light is always on. Is there anything I can do to eliminate this. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:23 AM
12valveman
Professional
Default RE: Tire Pressure Monitor Light

take the bulb out or put tape over it you can thank ford for that option i have not seen a way to eliminate it and i work at a dealer unless there is some aftermarket way that i have not heard of but your stuck with it on unless you mount the sensors in your new rims

Old 03-24-2008, 11:59 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

Yeah I was goinig to say the same thing. Mountthe sensors in your new wheels. I know that there are some aftermarket ones that screw into your valve stem, but I don't know if they are compatible with the OEM setup. I'm sure that it will only be a matter of time before the aftermarket catches up and makes something that is compatible.

Old 03-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Az2500Cummins08

I just got new tires on. I am assuming the sensors are still in my wheels. My TPM light is also on, how do I get it to shut off?

Old 03-24-2008, 01:15 PM
mikebol
Veteran

I test drove an 08 before finding the 07.5, the 08 had this feature and the light was on during the test drive. The saleman assured me it was "nothing".

I'm with you AZ, any light that stays on in the dash is annoying as heck and I'd want it fixed or for the bulb to just burn out.

Mike

Old 03-24-2008, 02:01 PM
mjhzn6

Yeah I am just annoyed by it. I know why its there just dont like it. It chimes four time everytime I start up. Just annoying. AZ, I read somehting in the manual where you can adjust the pressure in which it alarms you for when you do get different tires. I didn't read to much into it though.

Old 03-24-2008, 02:31 PM
12valveman
Professional

the pressure you need to set it to is on the door plate. on an 08 there can be two settings a low psi and a high psi for load toaters i think it started with the o8's that in the center of the dash there is a light load button that should be on when you only have the tires at low psi and off when your at the highter threshold. then with just driving the vehicle a few miles the sensors relearn to the system with the correct pressure and wala out goes the light hey AZ they could have damaged a sensor while changing those tires for you are you running the correct psi for the door plate? if so that is probably what happened to the sensor should go back to them right away with who ever mounted the tires

Old 03-24-2008, 03:15 PM
07FX4Chick
Rookie

ORIGINAL: 12valveman

take the bulb out or put tape over it you can thank ford for that option i have not seen a way to eliminate it and i work at a dealer unless there is some aftermarket way that i have not heard of but your stuck with it on unless you mount the sensors in your new rims
I am going to jump in here.....when I got my new wheels, I just had them "reband" the factory sensors on my new wheels. Absolutely no problems at all

Old 03-24-2008, 05:22 PM
12valveman
Professional

hey wait a ford what the f... she is right though the factory sensors should have worked

Old 03-24-2008, 06:01 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

Is there a fuse you can pull to eliminate that?

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Monitor Light