Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

makin my own steps

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:46 PM
02cummins
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default makin my own steps

hey guys, well since i really love the NFAB steps, and im not payin that much money for them, when i have some extra money i am gonna make my own, and i also wanna make my own pushbar/grill guard bumper, i love the road armor ones, but no way will i pay that much for it...im thinkin some heavy *** duty stuff so when i offroad i dont have to worry about anything. im a good welder, and i have all the tools at work besides benders and stuff, ill just have to cut w/torch and weld together, then when its all done and cleaned up ill roll on some more bedliner like my rockers and bed, and itll match and be nice as hell. im thinkin of makin a rear bumper with 2 3" steel tubes (unless i can find solid steel) and stuff...ill have to think of a design and see how much itll cost, any idea let me know people

Old 04-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Default RE: makin my own steps

Should look good. I am thinking about doing the same for bumpers.. My buddy has a plasma cutter and mig welder.. should be able to get er done

Old 04-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Mayfair
Legend

COOL .... An AWESOME set of tools !!

Old 04-02-2008, 11:56 AM
02cummins
Captain

yea we got all the welders,plasma cutters etc but ill tell ya lately i like using the torch more, even to heat and bend things...it makes me feel like im doin more genuine work, haha. ill probly end up makin a jig or something to head and bend the tubes with heat and a torch

Old 04-02-2008, 11:58 AM
02cummins
Captain

yea we have all the plasma cutters, welders etc...but ill tell ya i feel better lately using the torch, i like the feeling of makin my own shapes out of metal with the torch haha. makes me feel like i did more genuine work hahaa

Quick Reply: makin my own steps