Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Code PO 252

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 02:54 PM
dlor1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code PO 252

I have an 02 3500 diesel. I bought the truck from a guy and the injector pump was fried. Would start on either and would run like crap. If you shifted into reverse or drive it would stall unless you gave it some throttle. Bought a rebuilt special x pump from Bluechip Diesel due to many recomendations. Installed the pump in 2 hours and fired right up. Ran great for 50 miles, started and restarted several times then parked it for the night. Hopped in the truck in the morning and fired right up. Ran for about 5-10 seconds then cut off. It's throwing code PO 252. My buddy looked in his 2001 5.9 book and it says "Inj Pump fuel metering cont A, Range or Performance broblem. Cam/rotor/injector fuel valve signal missing"

ANY HELP PLEASE! Nine70-485-4900

Old 11-23-2008, 09:10 AM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

Failure of the lift pump that pumps fuel from the tank to the injector pump is what usually kills the injector pump in the first place. My guess is your lift pump is dead. Check your fuel pressure at the injector pump. Hopefully you didn't fry your new injector pump.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:35 AM
dlor1

Well the guy who I bought the truck from installed a new lift pump hoping that the new pump would fix his problem. It didn't so when he new it was the injector pump he sold the truck to me. So when I was testing it yesterday, I cracked the supply banjo to the inj pump and fuel was spraying out with good pressure, I kept messing with it and about an hour later I went to see it the pressure was the same. This time I've cycled the lift pump several times and now there's no fuel. The pump is on but sounds like it lost it's prime or something.

Quick Reply: Code PO 252