Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

VerticalHeadlightAdjustment

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 05:29 AM
foolofsand
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking VerticalHeadlightAdjustment??HowTo

does the 2008 3500 ram 6.7 have a headlight adjustment screw? cant seem to find any info on it on the web. if so, where is the vertical headlight adjustment screw located? its not in the manual of course. thanks for the info.

Last edited by foolofsand; 12-02-2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: bad title
Old 12-02-2008, 06:27 PM
foolofsand

someone knows how to do this??I hope

Old 12-03-2008, 12:12 AM
trauts83
Rookie

I looked through the service manual for my '06 and it appears as though the head lamp unit is fixed in place. The lights are similar to that of your '08 (if not the same), so i don't think you can adjust them either. I don't know why you couldn't because you should be able to. Hopefully someone else has the answer.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:43 AM
foolofsand

I did find 2 adjustment screws. One in the front on the inner side of light behind a rubber flap. The other is under the fenderwell that has a rubber boot in the fenderwell. Can remove the rubber boot and looks like an adjustment screw that is outside and lower than the other one. Appears like the front one does the left & right and the one in the fenderwell does the horz and vert. I haven't tried it yet, but I will.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:10 AM
foolofsand
Default adjustment

ok, I tried it and no good. so, I would still like to know how to adjust the headlights vertical and horizontal on the 2008 ram diesel. anyone still?

Old 02-05-2009, 05:11 PM
scatpack_69
All Star

Originally Posted by foolofsand
I did find 2 adjustment screws. One in the front on the inner side of light behind a rubber flap. The other is under the fenderwell that has a rubber boot in the fenderwell. Can remove the rubber boot and looks like an adjustment screw that is outside and lower than the other one. Appears like the front one does the left & right and the one in the fenderwell does the horz and vert. I haven't tried it yet, but I will.
This is how you adjust them...^^^

Old 02-06-2009, 02:13 AM
foolofsand
Default adjustment

ok, since no one knows, I will tell you. the ones that are on the side of the headlights about half way up under the rubber flap---are the vertical adjusters. simple torx screw driver and wall-la, its done. so these are vertical. there are NO horizontal adjusters on the 2008 ram 3500 according to dealer. so problem is solved.