Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

02 3/4 with running problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:42 PM
burntcookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 3/4 with running problems

As I sit here waiting for a plow truck to become available (mine is broke in the driveway!!) I decided to see if anyone heard/dealt with this b4. 'Bout a month ago the truck, which has 75k on her, decided to start running poorly - I was plowing with it and the temp rose outside to above freezing. Truck started to sputter, cough and gag but every now and then it would work great! Long story short, APP sensor code was spewed into the shop's scanner - couldnt find a used one - new one $800 in Toronto! Well the code was wiped and the truck ran great for the last month - plowing tonite, temp rose above freezing and now I am here trying not to run outside and torch it, lol. It is a 4x4, king-cab long box with a 5.9 cummins, auto tranny, and air if that makes any difference. Any help would be appreiciated - thanks J

Old 03-12-2009, 12:43 AM
burntcookie
Default got 2 codes

Well, she spit out 2 codes on the cluster, one for the turbo because it wasn't running properly, but I got a P0122 code - throttle position Sensor/Switch A circuit low input. Does this mean the sensor is bad or.....??

Old 03-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Scott91370
Professional

It could be a bad sensor or a loose connection. I would check connections then do a search here for the 2001 Service Manual. I am pretty sure it will give you directions on how to check the sensor. This will tell you if it's bad.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:36 AM
SOUTHERN SMOKE

try resetting the apps, if that doesnt work are you expieriencing dead pedal? if so your vp may be getting ready to bite the dust.... look for the p 0216 code, if you get it, thats bad news my man...

Quick Reply: 02 3/4 with running problems