Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Abs and Brake light on

Old 03-10-2010, 10:56 AM
wjohn1980
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Sensor?

This just happened to me (06 Ram 2500 5.9) on my way back from South Carolina over the weekend... I wasnt towing and checked the fuses and they are all good... Ordered a speed sensor a few days ago and got it today. Can someone help me out on how to change this thing? I know its on the rear diff somewhere... Any help is appreciated as always...

Old 12-18-2010, 09:53 PM
mblanco2000
Professional

So while driving today I had my abs and brake light come on. Does anyone have the part number or something of the sensor that goes on the rear diff. or some other way I can find the part?

Old 12-20-2010, 08:47 PM
joshmopar
Professional

Ok here yall go.
wjohn1980: Its on the top of the rear diff. You will se it. If looking at the diff from the front it will be on the right side on top. There is a bolt holding it on. Right on top. If i remember correct its at the front. Take the bolt out and unhook wire. Then take a small flat head screw driver and gently pry it out. Oh spray with wd 40 or something. If it breaks off push it through and remove diff cover dran diff clean diff and put back together.

mblanco2000: go to parts store. tell desk guy year/make/model and the part you need. Go home and read above part of post. then once you read this fix truck.

Hope this helps

Josh

Old 12-11-2019, 09:38 AM
Mike 5150
Default Same issue w Programmer?

Originally Posted by jtridgerunner
I've got an '03 Dodge Cummins 2500, manual trans. The brake and Abs light stay on constantly. My speedo works properly, and brakes (including parking brake) preform great on the truck. Brake pads have plenty of pad on them. The truck does have a Bully Dog programmer. Has anyone heard of using the programmer to set new tire sizes can cause these lights to come on? Any ideas on how to turn these lights off?
I kept thinking about how I got this problem after I had a programmer on for a week with NO ABS/Brake light,then you reminded me that it started after I adjusted the wheel size on my edge programmer. I have 37's so set it to that,but had no warning lights when it was still reading for 32's. THATS WEIRD. Does it really make a difference?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Abs and Brake light on