Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2006 Ram 5.9 Cummins injector problem?

Old 02-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Coal Train
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgetrucker75
most dealers that charge you for "cleaning injectors" do nothing more than pour a bottle of diesel fuel conditioner in the tank, thats probably why they told you to keep driving it, you may ask them if they actually pulled the injectors out, took them apart, and cleaned them, my guess would be no...
Bingo!

Old 02-11-2010, 05:43 PM
dieselpotato

I bought bad diesel at a gas station and I had to replace all 6 injectors ($700each) injector pump, fuel pump fuel filter, plus they had to remove and empty fuel tank. Over $10,000 later, my truck is fixed, and the gas station isn't responsible because they are hi volume and can't prove they had contaminated fuel.

Old 02-21-2010, 01:42 PM
nkc21

Is your truck auto or standard, i had the same thing happen in my servise truck and it was the springs in the clutch were siezed

Old 08-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Tracey Mullins

Would highly reccomend to go buy a bottle of Power Service Diesel Kleen, the silver bottle. Run it for 3 straight fill ups, take it back and see what the say. I have used this stuff religously and have felt the difference and saw the increase in fuel economy after second fill up. I use the white bottle of Power Service for winter.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:27 PM
AngryWhiteMan

The Stealer is full of @#$%, I have a Stealer Mechanic were on really on good terms. They have the capability to diagnose each Injecter flow in/out to very fine small amounts. YOU got ripped off make them fix it. One of the threads say they just put in Injector/fuel cleaner he is right. Tell them but you're going to have to call BS on them.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:01 PM
dogbroke

I have a 06 Dodge 5.9 cummins diesel and I have a vibration at 55 to 70 then it quits and when you take your foot off the throttle it quits. I've done everything here except check the harmonic damper, what else comes to mind. dogbroke1@yahoo.com please let me know of anything else, I'm stumped

Old 03-16-2012, 03:17 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

U joints

Old 11-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Justin Creasy

Hi for some of you of there with a cummins here is a quick and easy solution for your injector problems it has helped me since i changed one of mine in my 2006 dodge 3500 quad cab short bed, I use it religiously every other fill up it to mix 1oz of regular 2-stroke oil per gallon of diesel fuel. this helps lube the injector pump and lubes up your injectors it also helps to break loose any grime or other buildup in the injector lines or injectors. I hope this will help you prevent your injector failure and clogs.

Old 11-15-2012, 01:46 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this has already been gone over in other threads.

you want ashless 2-cycle oil though, and you do NOT want to use it on a 6.7L that still has a EGR and DPF attached to the truck or it will clog them.

I also posted a chart that shows from independent testing that 2% or higher soy based biodiesel (like B5 which is 5%) outperforms any additive in lubricity right out of the gate and needs no additive. it is also compatible with 6.7L without damaging the emissions controls.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 Ram 5.9 Cummins injector problem?