Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Need HELP FAST

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Spc_Sapper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need HELP FAST

05 3500
i was running my truck yesterday with a 13000lbs 5th wheel at a constsant throtle at abou 1650RPM 4th gear 60MPH the turbo would lose boost i think (no Guage) and just **** it out from somwear but it would do it a ramdom is it the waistgate or intercvooler or is the turbo going out???

need help FaST

Old 06-08-2010, 11:03 PM
pizzo
All Star

with out gauges almost impossible to know exactly what is going on.. But if you lost boost it would be BLACK smoking. if you slowed down did it pick back up again?

Old 06-13-2010, 01:29 PM
Spc_Sapper

Originally Posted by pizzo
with out gauges almost impossible to know exactly what is going on.. But if you lost boost it would be BLACK smoking. if you slowed down did it pick back up again?
sorry it took so long....yes i slowed down and you could feel the turbo kick back in...somone said could be a cracked case at the intercooler

Old 06-13-2010, 06:16 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

It is very likely a cracked intercooler. Some of the '05 trucks came through with plastic end tanks on the intercooler. These are prone to leaking at the seams where the tank meets the aluminum core. With an auto trans, you can have someone hold the brakes with it in gear and give it some throttle to build some boost up, spray the seams with soapy water, and look for bubbles. If you find that is your problem, a new intercooler is in order. You might luck up and find a stock cooler from another year truck that someone took off in favor of an aftermarket unit, cheap.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:04 PM
YAMAHARIDER5
Professional

I agree the intercooler being cracked is kinda unlikly if you can feel it kick back in. Did it throw any codes? My guess is the waste gate opened up.

Old 06-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Spc_Sapper

no not throwing any codes.. tryed the soap and stil nothing but i had the overhead done and now it seems to have gone away but my fuel millage has droped unbelivebly

Quick Reply: Need HELP FAST